Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is one word that, truly, stops me in my tracks….BACON! I immediately think of crispy strips of heavenly goodness and an aroma in the house that is hard to beat. When my Sunday Supper family posted that today’s event is helping us get ready for Bacon Lover’s Day on August 20th, I simply had to participate with Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I have a couple of other bacon treats on Desserts Required. Peanut Butter Piggy Pie is one of my most popular pies, Chocolate Covered Bacon makes everyone swoon and the Bacon Gingersnap Cookies are, quite simply, addicting.
As you can probably guess by now, when I include bacon in a recipe, I include a lot of bacon. I cooked a 12 ounce package of bacon, thinking I might be able to eat a slice or two (or three or four). I quickly realized that I really wanted the bacon in the cookies, not just my belly so I crumpled it all up and added it to the dough.
I bake my bacon in the oven, choosing to avoid the greasy mess on the stove. Either method works. Similarly, I used dark chocolate chips but go with your favorite. After all, they will be your cookies!
If you are as much a bacon lover as I, you may want to make a double batch of Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies. This way, you won’t feel conflicted sharing them with others.
|Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies|| |
- 2¼ cups (309 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (215 grams) sugar
- ½ cup (131 grams) light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked, drained and broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 3 minutes, scraping the bowl down as needed. Add the egg and vanilla.
- Blend in the dry ingredients. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and bacon pieces.
- Use a ½ tablespoon cookie dough scoop to scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in 350° oven for 12-14 minutes, rotating the baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Remove from the oven and cool on the pans.
Many thanks to one of my favorite peeps, Erica at The Crumby Cupcake for hosting this week’s event. Please be sure to check out all of the other mouth-watering bacon recipes created by my Sunday Supper Family.
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.