Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes #SummerDessertWeek
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are 100% mine. Be sure to read to the very bottom to enter for some fab giveaways.
Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes are so much fun to eat. Actually, they are just as much fun to make.
Summer Dessert Week is on and I wanted to include some of the wonderful treats that were sent to me when I made Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes. I baked a batch of brownies in my Wilton 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Even though I cut up the brownies into smaller bites, the pan is pretty enough to take to a party. Dixie Crystals non-gmo sugar and Adams Best vanilla flavor worked beautifully in the recipe.
I loved deciding which toppings to use with Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes and assembling them in a glass bowl lets everyone see each and every layer. I recently discovered a mudslide ice cream that rocked my world so I used it in my sundaes. Any flavor will work. Alternate layers of brownie bites that are cut to fit into the bowl, with ice cream, marshmallow fluff and hot fudge.
As is always the case with a sundae, the final flair is important. I received an assortment of sprinkles from Wilton that I used for some of the sundaes. Sweets and Treats Boutique let me pick my color and sprinkle assortment. Since Happylicious by Betsy‘s colors are red, white and yellow, I received a package with my own personal mix.
Personalize your Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes according to your personal preferences. Better yet, set out a huge assortment of ice cream and toppings and let everyone fix their own.
|Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes #SummerDessertWeek
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces (116 grams) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup (146 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (423 grams) sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) vanilla extract
- ice cream
- marshmallow fluff
- hot fudge
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together and set aside.
- Mix the eggs with sugar and salt. Add the vanilla.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add ½ of the chocolate mixture followed by half of the dry ingredients. Blend in the remaining chocolate mixture and then the remaining dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut into 70 pieces (10 horizontally/7 vertically).
- To assemble the sundaes: place a layer of brownie bites on the bottom of the glass bowl. Use a mini scoop to scoop ice cream over the brownie layer. Top the ice cream with either hot fudge or marshmallow fluff. Add another layer of brownie bites. Use a large ice cream scoop to scoop ice cream over the brownie layer. Top the ice cream with either hot fudge or marshmallow fluff (I alternated the layers). Sprinkle fun and colorful sprinkles on top
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes from Desserts Required
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Family Around the Table
- Simple Watermelon Lime Garnita from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Churn Lemonade Ice Cream from 4 Sons R Us
- Orange Julius Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Key Lime Pie-sicles from The Domestic Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Palatable Pastime
- Mississippi Mud Pie from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Pineapple Coconut Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Beach Cake from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Treats:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert from Big Bear’s Wife
- Lemon Lavender Scones from Jen Around the World
- Frosted Cookie Bars from Miss in the Kitchen
- Easy Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
- Peach and Nectarine Torte with Almond Whipped Cream from Nancie’s Table
- Cookie Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bomb Pop Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 —Sweets and Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.