Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfaits
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I was sent samples by the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are 100% mine. Be sure to read to the very bottom to enter for some fab giveaways.
Chocolate lovers will be in heaven with these Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfaits and kids (chocolate fans or not) will flip for them because they are so perfect for Halloween. This dessert is actually a combination of two favorite treats; chocolate brownies and chocolate pudding. Add to it some Halloween goodies and we have something fun to make and eat.
I received a lot of incredible treats from the sponsors of Halloween Treats Week. I was thrilled that Dixie Crystals sugar, Adam’s Extract’s Adams Best Pure Vanilla Extract, Sweets and Treats’ amazing sprinkles, Treat Street USA’s sugar skulls and Wilton’s googly eyes all worked beautifully in Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfaits.
Best of all, you can make the pudding and brownies ahead of time and assemble when it’s convenient. Or, ask the kids to add their ghoulish creativity to Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfaits.
|Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfaits|| |
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Half and Half
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces (116 grams) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup (146 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (423 grams) sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) vanilla extract
- Final touches:
- chocolate sandwich cookies
- Halloween sprinkles/decorations/googly eyes
- For the pudding:
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt together in a medium size saucepan and whisk until well blended. Gradually stir in the half and half. This will first form a paste and then turn into a smooth liquid. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Stirring constantly, cook the mixture over medium heat until it is thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to a 1½ quart bowl. Cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate until cold. This may be made a day ahead of assembling.
- For the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together and set aside.
- Mix the eggs with sugar and salt. Add the vanilla.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add ½ of the chocolate mixture followed by half of the dry ingredients. Blend in the remaining chocolate mixture and then the remaining dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut into 70 pieces (10 horizontally/7 vertically).
- This may be made a day ahead of assembling.
- To assemble:
- Remove a chocolate side of several sandwich cookies and chop. Set aside.
- Push the cream filling into Halloween sprinkles. Chop and set aside.
- Insert a googly eye on one side of a brownie bite. Place a layer of brownie bites on the bottom of the glass bowl with an eye facing out and touching the glass on each side. You will have to cut brownie bites to fit each layer.
- Scoop a layer of chocolate pudding over the brownie layer.
- Repeat until the glass is full, finishing with a dollop of chocolate pudding on top that is spread to cover the lines between the brownie bites.
- Accent with sandwich cookies that are chopped and mixed with Halloween sprinkles or Halloween decorations or both.
- Serve cold.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.