Peach Blackberry Crisp
This post is written in partnership with CK Mondavi and Family Sunset Sweet Red Blend. As always, the opinions here are all my own.
Ever bake before a hurricane? It’s always an interesting thing to do and I am always thankful for a quick, easy and delicious recipe like Peach Blackberry Crisp.
The timing was actually perfect as I had received bottles of CK Mondavi‘s special edition Sunset Sweet Red Blend and was thinking of what kind of dessert to make for a bbq. The full-bodied wine has juicy flavors of strawberry and dark plum. When I saw perfect peaches and ripe blackberries, I knew they would pair beautifully together.
To make life even easier with Peach Blackberry Crisp, I realized that I could mix the fruit with sugar and cornstarch directly in the baking dish. So, it really became a two dish cleanup. Who else is celebrating that?
The biggest hiccup I had making this crisp was taking pictures. All of our patio furniture had been brought inside and the hurricane shutters were up which made the inside of our home look like a crypt. Nothing quite like setting up the shoot outside, getting the pictures taken and feeling raindrops starting at the end. Thank goodness I had plenty of Sunset Sweet Red Blend once I came inside.
Sunset Sweet Red Blend is a limited time wine so be sure to find it while it’s available, now through early fall. That goes for the fruits needed for your Peach Blackberry Crisp, too.
|Peach Blackberry Crisp|| |
- Fruit layer:
- 2 pounds peaches
- 2 - 6 ounce packages blackberries
- ½ cup (106 grams) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) cornstarch
- ¾ cup (158 grams) sugar
- ¼ cup (64 grams) light brown sugar
- ¾ cup (108 grams) all purpose flour
- ¾ cup (69 grams) old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 10 tablespoons (143 grams) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the peaches into medium size pieces and place them directly into an 11" x 7½" baking dish. Add the blackberries. Mix in the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir together the sugar, brown sugar, flour, oats and salt in a medium size bowl. Add the butter and lemon zest. Use your fingers to combine the ingredients just until they are mixed together but not blended.
- Distribute the crumb mixture over the fruit.
- Place the baking pan onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes - 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven.
- Peach Blackberry Crisp may be served hot or cold. It will be more liquidy when served hot. I, highly, recommend a scoop of vanilla ice cream when serving this dessert.
The best way to stay in the loop of what CK Mondavi and Family is doing is to follow them on social media. Here are the links: Facebook, Twitter (@ CKMondaviWines), Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube.