I don’t think it is a huge surprise to read that I have a bit of a sweet tooth and it tends to guide my decision making when it comes to ordering in a restaurant or preparing a meal at home. I work my way backwards, meaning I figure out what I want for dessert and then plan accordingly for the rest of the meal.
There is one exception; drinks. I tend towards the sweeter side of drinks and I like to incorporate them into my plans, as well.
When I was approached about trying the newest addition to the cream liqueur category, Kerrygold Irish Cream, I did not hesitate to say yes. I love Kerrygold’s butter and cheese line and figured the Irish Cream had to be good. It is made with grass-fed Kerrygold cream, oak-aged Irish whiskey and hints of chocolate…a winning combination in and of itself.
I was so excited when my Entertaining Essentials kit arrived filled with everything I could possibly want to entertain a few guests. My problem was deciding what I wanted to fix with my bottle of Kerrygold Irish Cream. Initially, I was leaning towards either a cake or cheesecake but the beautiful glasses that came with my kit started calling my name and Iced Mocha Irish Cream was created.
I started by brewing a pot of coffee, making coffee ice cubes and refrigerating some of the coffee. Once the cubes formed, I mixed the coffee with chocolate sauce before adding the Kerrygold Irish Cream and coffee ice cubes. The final touch was the freshly made Irish Cream Whipped Cream that I spooned over the drink.
My Iced Mocha Irish Cream received a lot of oohs and ahhs followed by silence. After all it is very hard to talk and drink at the same time.
I wanted to share this delicious new liqueur with you, so I asked the wonderful people at Kerrygold Irish Cream if they would help share the holiday spirit and cheer with you as well. They are very happy to offer two of you a bottle of Kerrygold Irish Cream and Kerrygold Luxurious Irish Chocolate Truffles and Caramel Centers.
Be sure to check out how to enter the Kerrygold Irish Cream Giveaway below the recipe.
|Iced Mocha Irish Cream|| |
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Irish Cream, divided
- 1½ cups ice coffee
- 1½ tablespoons chocolate syrup plus more for decorating the glasses
- 6-8 coffee ice cubes
- grated chocolate, optional
- Place the whipping cream and 2 tablespoons Irish cream into a mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Stir 1½ tablespoons chocolate syrup into the ice coffee. Mix in ¼ cup Irish cream.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup inside two glasses. Place 3-4 coffee ice cubes into each glass. Pour the mocha Irish cream into the glasses.
- Top with Irish cream whip cream and decorate with grated chocolate.
The fabulous people at Kerrygold Irish Cream sent me their Entertaining Essentials kit and are, generously, providing this Giveaway. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kerrygold Irish Cream.
Here are the rules for the Kerrygold Irish Cream Giveaway:
The giveaway is open to readers over the age of 21 in the United States. Please leave a separate comment for each entry. One comment equals one entry.
The giveaway runs now through December 26, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. The two winners will be randomly selected. They will each be notified via email and will have 48 hours to get back to me or another winner will be chosen.
- Leave a comment – 1 entry.
- Go to Desserts Required’s Facebook page and then come back here and leave a second comment telling me you did this – 2nd entry.
- Go to Kerrygold Irish Cream Facebook page, tell them you found them through Desserts Required and then come back here and leave a third comment telling me you did this – 3rd entry.