Halloween Potato Chip Haystacks
Have you figured out what you are going to fix for Halloween? Don’t worry, you have plenty of time.
Okay, so it’s two days before the big day and everyone is talking about the very cool dishes they are preparing. Everyone except me because I have not quite gotten my act together. I shared my Halloween Candy Brownies that are outrageous but I baked those a long time ago and now I want something different but EASY.
I found edible googly eyes and graveyard bones in a craft store that I knew would be adorable on something. Chocolate Covered Potato Chips are incredibly popular so I decided to include those, as well.
Instead of dipping individual potato chips in chocolate, I crumbled the chips and stirred them into a bowl of melted chocolate. You can choose how large your haystacks will be when they are spooned onto aluminum foil to set. The googly eyes and graveyard bones are put onto the haystacks before they are popped in the freezer to set.
The kids will love them and of equal importance so will the adults. Just be sure to purchase edible toppings.
Happy Halloween…. may your evening be filled only with treats!
|Halloween Potato Chip Haystacks
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8-9 ounces potato chips
- edible googly eyes and graveyard bones
- Combine the chocolate and oil in a small bowl. Melt completely.
- Break the potato chips into small pieces and add to the melted chocolate.
- Use a spoon to form the haystacks. Place them on an aluminum foil lined baking pan.
- Top with edible googly eyes and graveyard bones.
- Freeze until set.