Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Have I mentioned lately how thankful I am for all the wonderful comments you leave me on Facebook? If not, let me take this moment to say, THANK YOU!!!
I post pictures, stories, recipes and videos on Desserts Required’s Facebook page. I, also, ask questions about what you’re making, baking or want to see me bake.
Not too long ago I mentioned that I was thinking about putting together a brownie that had cookie dough batter in the middle. Your feedback motivated me to take it from thought to reality.
My first thought was cookie dough, brownie, cookie dough but I shifted gears in the kitchen, thinking a brownie top and bottom would lead to a bigger surprise with cookie dough in the middle.
I took the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies to my friend Pam’s house and found out very quickly that they were going to be a hit. One of Pam’s friends just sat at the table repeating the word, WOW, over and over again. Yup, that’s what I call quite the compliment!
Be sure to leave me a comment either here or on Facebook next time you have a taste for something yummy.
|Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies|| |
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into ½ ounce pieces
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- For the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave just until the mixture is melted. Whisk until it is completely mixed. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs followed by the vanilla.
- Lastly, whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- For the chocolate chip cookie dough:
- Place the butter, sugar and brown sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until creamy, about three minutes, scraping the bowl down as necessary. Add the egg followed by the vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the brownie batter onto the bottom of the parchment paper lined pan. Use a small cookie dough scoop to transfer the cookie dough over the brownie batter.
- Spoon the remaining brownie batter over the cookie dough. If it does not cover the dough, use a spoon to gently cover the dough with brownie batter.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.