Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash
Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. What does one call potato chips, M&M’s, honey roasted peanuts, white chocolate and melted dark chocolate all mixed together? Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash, of course!
Sometimes I do not really love cleaning a zillion bowls after I finish in the kitchen. As I looked at my potato chip bag, I thought it would be the perfect ‘bowl’ in which I could mix everything.
In the first round, I learned that I could not fit all of the ingredients into the bag so I took out some of the potato chips. Fortunatey, that gave me a crunchy snack to eat while I ‘slaved’ away making Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash.
M&M’s, chopped white chocolate chips and honey roasted peanuts were added to the potato chip bag. Holding the bag tightly, I shook it until everything was mixed in. Then, I added melted chocolate to the bag. Once the chocolate was in the bag, it took some shaking and manipulating to make sure that the melted chocolate was evenly distributed.
I could have left well enough alone and simply poured the trash onto a baking sheet to set but I wanted my trash to be pretty. I sprinkled more M&M’s and chopped white chocolate chips over the top as well as drizzled a bit of melted chocolate to act as the ‘glue’ for the toppings.
Once the Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash sets, simply break it apart or cut it into pieces. This is the kind of trash I am very happy to take care of!
As a matter of fact, Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash is so incredible that I see more trash posts in the near future.
|Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash
- 9 ounce bag of potato chips, some will be removed
- ⅔ cup (109 grams) white chocolate chips, chopped and divided
- 1 cup (201 grams) M&M's, divided
- 2 cups (268 grams) honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups (311 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted and divided
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet and set aside.
- Set aside ¼ cup (109 grams) of the chopped white chocolate chips and ¼ cup (34 grams) of the M&M's.
- Remove 3 ounces (87 grams) of the potato chips. Enjoy them while preparing the Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash.
- Add the remaining chopped white chocolate, M&M's and all of the honey roasted peanuts to the potato chip bag. Hold the top of the bag closed and shake until the contents are well mixed.
- Place the bag into a small bowl or large meauring cup to hold it in place while adding the melted chocolate. Pour almost all of the melted chocolate into the bag. Remove it from the bowl.
- Hold the top of the bag closed and shake the bag so that the chocolate gets distributed throughout. You may have to manipulate the bag a bit to get the chocolate into all the nooks and crannies of the potato chips.
- Transfer the contents of the bag to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining white chocolate and M&M's over the top and then drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over this to act as the glue for the toppings.
- Refrigerate or freeze until set. Break or cut Sweet and Salty Chocolate Trash into pieces.