Summer Brownie Pizza
This post is written in partnership with CK Mondavi and Family. As always, all opinions here are my own.
Pizza on Desserts Required? Better believe it when we are talking about Summer Brownie Pizza!
When I first read about the pizza theme for this CK Mondavi and Family post, I was super stoked. As a general rule, I don’t eat a lot of pizza, mostly because I eat so many desserts that I shy away from breads and pasta dishes. Yet, I knew right away that this was going to be a pizza we would all want to eat.
I like making brownie batters from scratch because I prefer to know the ingredients used and I don’t feel that I get the same quality with a boxed mix. I think this is one of the many reasons I am proud to be a Brand Ambassador with CK Mondavi and Family. They know all of their grapes and when they are perfect for picking and using in their wines.
The key to getting the baked brownie off the pizza stone is to bake it on parchment paper. Definitely spread the brownie batter in the middle of the pizza stone as it will spread while baking and you don’t want it going over the stone.
Once the brownie is cooled, press a 10″ baking pan onto the middle of the brownie. Cut around the edge of the pan and separate the ‘scraps’ which will be broken into pieces and used as a topping for the Summer Brownie Pizza.
The pizza is layered with a creamy cream cheese mixture that is then topped with gorgeous raspberries and blackberries in addition to the brownie scraps. Soooooo much fun!
There are many fruits that would work well with Summer Pizza Brownie but I wanted to complement CK Mondavi and Family’s Merlot. It is silky and rich with aromas of plum, blackberry jam and dark chocolate. You see where I’m going, right? Plus, I love that CK Mondavi and Family uses Merlot, Petit Sirah, Ruby Cabernet, Petit Verdot, Malbec and other varietals to come up with a terrific table wine.
CK Mondavi and Family is running a monthly Perfect Pair contest at http://ckmondavi.com/
The best way to stay in the loop of what CK Mondavi and Family is doing is to follow them on social media. Here are the links: Facebook, Twitter (@ CKMondaviWines), Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube.
|Summer Brownie Pizza|| |
- 4 ounces (114 grams) unsweetened chocolate
- 12 tablespoons (170 grams) unsalted butter
- 4 eggs (201 grams)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups (422 grams) sugar
- 1 cup (138 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract, divided
- 12 ounces (342 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (33 grams) confectioners sugar
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 15" pizza stone with parchment paper and set aside.
- Microwave the chocolate and butter together until melted. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 20 seconds. Add the sugar. Mix on low until combined. While the mixer is on, add ½ of the chocolate mixture. Combine. Add ½ of the flour mixture. Add 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla. Alternate again until the remaining chocolate and flour mixture have been thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the center of the parchment paper. Spread evenly into a circle.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Press a 10" baking pan onto the middle of the brownie. Cut the scraps away from the edge. Break the scraps into pieces and set aside.
- Slide the parchment paper off of the pizza stone and onto a baking sheet. Place in the freezer until firm. Once the brownie is firm, peel back the parchment paper and place the brownie on the pizza stone.
- Beat the cream cheese, confectioners sugar and ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese layer over the brownie.
- Top with the brownie scraps, raspberries and blackberries and serve.