Strawberry Shortcake Parfait
As we know from my recent Strawberry Oatmeal Bars’ post, I LOVE Florida strawberry season. It runs December through April and those bright red berries make me swoon. This week, my Sunday Supper family teamed up with Florida Strawberry to showcase desserts that do not require baking. I think you are going to flip for this Strawberry Shortcake Parfait.
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait could not be easier to put together. Since we are not turning on the oven this week, I actually bought a pound cake but you can always make your own Butter Pound Cake or Lemon Mascarpone Pound Cake.
The reality is that Florida strawberries are delicious, nutritional, and can even be preserved; no bake desserts are often more simple and easier to make than baked desserts, and some are healthier.
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait layers whipped cream with pound cake and gorgeous Florida strawberries that have macerated in confectioners sugar and lemon zest. I love how just a wee bit of lemon zest makes the berries pop even more. Be sure to save a few berries to place on top.
Does your store carry Florida Strawberries? If not, ask them to! One of the things that I love about my local grocery stores is that they are so willing to bring in fresh ingredients and because Florida Strawberries are picked and on their way to stores the same day, you are guaranteed fresh berries wherever you live.
Next time you want something quick, easy and delicious for dessert, grab a package of Florida Strawberries and make your own Strawberry Shortcake Parfait. AND…no oven required.
|Strawberry Shortcake Parfait #SundaySupper|| |
- 1 quart Florida strawberries
- 4 tablespoons (34 grams) confectioners sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Pound cake cut into 1" cubes
- ¾ cup (227 grams) heavy whipping cream
- Cut the stems off three strawberries and set aside.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and place in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons (17 grams) confectioners sugar. Stir to combine and allow the strawberries to macerate for 25 minutes.
- Place the whipped cream and remaining 2 tablespoons (17 grams) in a mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place a layer of pound cake on the bottom of the cup. Top with strawberries, including some of the juice. Top this with a layer of whipped cream. Repeat until the cup is filled.
- Top with a strawberry.
For more information of the yumminess of Florida Strawberries, head over to their website. While you are at it, be sure to follow Florida Strawberry on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest as well as Strawberry Sue on YouTube and Twitter so you can stay up-to-date on everything happening in their very sweet world.
Ready for some more delicious no-bake Florida Strawberry recipes? Terrific! Check out the ones my fellow Sunday Supper family members created.
No Bake Strawberry Desserts
No Bake Strawberry Cakes and Pies
- Dairy Free Strawberry Silk Pie by Helpful Homemade
- Easy and Delicious Florida Strawberry Pie by Family Foodie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Strawberry Lime Mousse Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No-Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No-Bake Strawberry Slab Pie by Hardly A Goddess
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry Icebox Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Tasty Strawberry Layered Desserts
- Fresh Strawberry Pretzel Dessert by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Low Carb Lemon & Strawberry Cheesecake Treat by My Life Cookbook
- No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Lasagna by My Sweet Savings
- Strawberry Ginger Rice Pudding Cups by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Shortcake Parfait by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Tiramisu by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry-lemon Panna Cotta with Lemon Biscotti by Authentically Candace
Special and Delicious Strawberry Treats
- Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Jersey Girl Cooks
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake K-bobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Dole Whip by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Mochi by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry S’mores Skillet Dip by Casa de Crews
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.