Strawberry Milkshake #SundaySupper #JuneDairyMonth
June is National Dairy Month and my Sunday Supper family has joined forces with Florida Milk
Do you know how important milk is to our diets? Milk contains 9 essential nutrients and vitamins: protein, vitamins A, D, and B12, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, niacin, zinc and magnesium. Drinking three cups of milk a day will fulfill your recommended daily allowance for dairy. Good thing that this Strawberry Milkshake recipe contains 1-1/3 cups milk. You are well on your way.
Most of the dairy cows living in Florida are the black and white Holsteins. The dairy herds range in size from 150 cows to 5,000 cows. Each Florida dairy cow produces about 6-8 gallons of milk each day and is milked 2-3 times per day.
It did not take me long to figure out what recipe I wanted to share with you today. As we are getting into hotter temperatures I find myself longing for icy cold milkshakes. I incorporated vanilla and strawberry ice cream into the shake and froze strawberries to use as ‘ice cubes’. Of course, Florida Milk is what brought the Strawberry Milkshake together.
I chose not to add additional sugar to our milkshakes as the ice cream has plenty of sugar but if you want your Strawberry Milkshake a tad sweeter, I recommend adding agave or a simple syrup.
|Strawberry Milkshake #SundaySupper #JuneDairyMonth|| |
- 1 quart strawberries
- 2 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/3 cups (11.35 ounces) Florida milk
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Cut off the stems. Place four berries on a paper towel and place in the refrigerator until needed. Transfer the remaining strawberries to a paper towel lined baking sheet. Freeze until solid. This may be done in advance.
- Place the strawberries, strawberry ice cream, vanilla ice cream and Florida milk into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour Strawberry Milkshakes into individual glasses and decorate with a strawberry.
Frozen strawberries may be used instead of freezing your own.
Florida dairy farmers take their responsibility to our land seriously. They recycle about 170,000 tons of byproducts such as citrus pulp, brewers’ grain and whole cottonseed that are consumed by the cows instead of ending up in landfills. Here are some great links that will allow you to learn more about our Florida dairy farmers:
- Meet our Farmers links: http://www.floridamilk.com/on-the-farm/meet-our-farmers/
- On the Florida Dairy Farm: http://www.floridamilk.com/on-the-farm/
- Florida Milk in the kitchen: http://www.floridamilk.com/in-the-kitchen/
- Florida Milk in schools: http://www.floridamilk.com/in-the-schools/dairy-101/
- Florida Milk in the news: http://www.floridamilk.com/in-the-news/blog/#page=1&sort=start_time&order=desc
It’s easy to add flavor and nutrition to your favorite dishes with Florida Milk.
Be sure to follow Florida Milk on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest as well as on YouTube
Please check out the other wonderful Florida Milk choices that my Sunday Supper family put together.
This post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Milk in the Morning:
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins by Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Lighter Breakfast Quiche by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Spinach Artichoke Strata by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry and Cream Breakfast Smoothie Bowls by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Orange Banana Sunrise Crepes by The Gold Lining Girl
Milk during the Day:
- Fettuccine Alfredo by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Hamburger Gravy by My World Simplified
- Homemade Mozzarella by An Appealing Plan
- Langostino Mac and Cheese with Crispy Bacon and Chives by Pook’s Pantry
- Margherita Penne Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Simple Polenta Recipe by Healing Tomato
- Summer Corn Soup by Casa de Crews
- Sweet Onion Tart by Flour On My Face
Milk in Desserts:
- Boozy Hazelnut Frozen Hot Chocolate by GO Epicurista
- Cannoli Cupcakes with Chocolate Pistachio Crunch by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chocolate Eclairs by Love and Confections
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake with Blueberries by The Hungry Goddess
- Mini Bread Puddings with Whiskey Caramel Sauce by Dessert Geek
- Nutty Cookies & Cream Ice Cream by Family Around The Table
- Strawberry Milkshake by Desserts Required
- Southern Buttermilk Pie by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement