Are you a caramel and chocolate lover? I am which is one of the reasons I find Rolo candies pretty addicting. Truth be told, I don’t buy them very often because I know they will disappear, too quickly. Do Rolo Brownies last any longer than the candies by themselves? No, they do not but the intensity of the fudgy brownie batter surrounding each candy sure does make them even more appealing!
There are 48 Rolo’s in each batch which means you are pretty much guaranteed to have a Rolo candy in each brownie. I lay the wrapped Rolo’s out in the pan before I line it with parchment paper so that I know how to evenly space the candies once the batter is added.
If you don’t want to do this step, just remember that there are 8 candies going across and 6 candies going down. After that, it’s just a matter of following through with the lines.
My biggest challenge with Rolo Brownies is deciding whether to eat them hot, warm, cool or frozen. All options are just as delectable! Let me know how you eat yours.
|Rolo Brownies|| |
- 3.75 ounces (106 grams) semisweet chocolate
- 1.25 ounces (36 grams) unsweetened chocolate
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (133 grams) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (52 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups (375 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 48 Rolo candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the Rolo candies into a 9" x 13" pan, 8 across and 6 down to see where you are going to put them once the batter is mixed. Remove the candies, unwrap them and set aside. Line the baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and butter together. Stir until smooth.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix until blended.
- Add half of the dry ingredients followed by the melted chocolate/butter and vanilla. Blend in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Transfer half of the batter to the parchment lined baking pan and use an offset metal spatula to spread it in the pan. Evenly place the Rolo candies on the batter. Spoon the remaining batter over the Rolo candies and use the spatula to gently spread the batter over the candies.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool before cutting into bars.