Red White and Blue Parfaits #SundaySupper
I love the 4th of July. We begin the day in a nice lazy way and end it watching the fireworks, with lots of food in between. This week my Sunday Supper family is showcasing easy to make “All-American” recipes and Red White and Blue Parfaits will fit right in.
Some may be inclined to call Red White and Blue Parfaits ‘sundaes’. In my opinion, once ice cream is layered with fruits and/or sauces, the dessert is transformed into a parfait. However, if you want to call yours ‘sundaes’, that works for me.
You can make Red White and Blue Parfaits ahead of time or set out the strawberry sauce, blueberries, and vanilla ice cream and let your guests fix their own dessert.
|Red White and Blue Parfait #SundaySupper|| |
- 3½ cups (411 grams) strawberries
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) sugar
- 1½ teaspoon (7 grams) lemon juice
- 1 pint blueberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- Wash, hull and dice the strawberries. Place them into a medium saucepan. Add the sugar and lemon juice. Cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes. The sauce will boil and thicken slightly. Remove from the heat and cool completely before assembling the parfait.
- Layer the parfait with blueberries, vanilla ice cream and strawberry sauce. Top with strawberry sauce.
Many thanks to Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for hosting today’s event. Please be sure to check out the other wonderful and easy 4th of July recipes that my Sunday Supper family prepared!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.