Red White and Blue Sundae #SundaySupper
Even though summer does not officially begin until June 21, there is something about Memorial Day weekend that makes me feel like summer is here. I can taste the end of the school year and I am so ready for some footloose and carefree days that do not involve homework for baby boy.
Memorial Day weekend is a time to remember those brave men and women who died while serving in the armed services. Even when we spend time at picnics with our family and friends, we need to take the time to talk about the sacrifices made so that we may live in this great country, feeling safe and secure.
Which is why red white and blue is the theme of today’s Sunday Supper event. I decided to make a Red White and Blue Sundae for two reasons. This sundae is bursting with flavors from the cooked blueberries and fresh strawberries and the kids love it, which is always a perk.
|Red White and Blue Sundae #SundaySupper
- 1 pint blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- strawberries cut into small pieces and/or whole raspberries
- vanilla ice cream
- Place the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch into a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Set aside to cool unless you want hot sauce over your ice cream.
- Scoop ice cream in a bowl. Top with the blueberry sauce and strawberries and/or raspberries.
Many thanks to DB from Crazy Foodie Stunts for hosting this week’s event. Please be sure to check out all of the wonderful red, white and blue options from other members of the Sunday Supper Family!
Food Using One Color
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two Colors
Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.