Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins
Fall weather has hit most of the country by now. Even down here in sunny South Florida our temperatures have dipped below 80 degrees. Brrrr….it’s almost a cold front!
When Sunday Supper announced that they were doing a Warming Trends event, I started thinking of the spices that give me warm thoughts: cloves, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.
What better way to bring them together than in a pumpkin cheesecake. To elevate this dessert even further I scooped out mini pumpkins and baked the cheesecake in the pumpkins.
Talk about a gorgeous presentation. You can cool the Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins and then decorate the outsides for Halloween or serve them as they are for an elegant Thanksgiving dessert.
One thing is certain; you are going to have very warm feelings with each and every bite.
|Pumpkin Cheesecakes in Pumpkins
- Pumpkin cheesecake in pumpkins:
- 8 mini pumpkins, 4" - 6" in diameter - this number may vary depending on the size of the mini pumpkins.
- 3 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon (6.20 ounces) sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (7.25 ounces) pumpkin puree
- dash of ground cloves
- dash of ground nutmeg
- dash of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the pumpkin cheesecake in pumpkins:
- Preheat the oven to 325º.
- Cut the top off of each pumpkin. Scoop the pulp off the top and place the tops on a parchment lined baking sheet. Scoop out the pulp from each pumpkin and wipe down the sides. Place the bottom of the pumpkins on a second parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is creamy. Add the eggs one at a time. Blend in the pumpkin, spices and vanilla.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the carved out pumpkins. Each pumpkin will hold approximately ½ cup (4.35 ounces) batter.
- Bake the cheesecake filled pumpkins at 325º for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Bake the tops, stem side up, at 325º for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Pumpkin Cheesecakes in Pumpkins may also be served warm.
Many thanks to T.R. Crumbley from Gluten Free Crumbley for being the host with the most! Be sure to check out all the other Warming Trend suggestions from my Sunday Supper family!
- Drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot Mulled Caramel Apple Sangria by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mexican Atole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Hot Spiked Apple Cider by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Apple Pear Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Bananas Foster by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Fudge Pudding Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honeycrisp Apple Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins by Desserts Required
- Warm Cardamom and Coconut Rice Pudding by Fearless Dining
Main Dishes and Soups
- Beef Brats and Beans Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits by From Gate to Plate
- Best Ever White Bean and Mushroom Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Braised Venison with Plums by Food Lust People Love
- Butternut Squash Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Pears and Sage by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Carbonnade Flamande by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Classic Italian Meat Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Hearty Chickpea Soup by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Creamy Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Green Beans by Peaceful Cooking
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Curry Debal by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sweet Potato Soup by Healing Tomato
- Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Onion Soup by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Hearty Turkey Lentil Soup by A Gouda Life
- Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup by Party Food and Entertaining
- Mango Habanero Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Oxtail Stew by Nosh My Way
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Red Lentil Soup by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Roasted Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Turkey Enchilada Casserole with Salsa Verde by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker English Roast by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Spice Rubbed Braised Beef by FamFriendsFood
- Spicy Meatball Tortilla Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Chipotle Chili by The Complete Savorist
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham by Big Bear’s Wife
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.