Pretzel Chip Towers
Are you as excited about Super Bowl Sunday as I am? It is, truly, one of my favorite holidays. There’s always a ton of fantastic food, the commercials are great (ok, some of the time), the halftime show is fun to watch, the company is superb and, oh yeah, there’s a football game to watch!
My family and I have been watching the Super Bowl with our friends the Kaufmans for more years than I can count. Ellen and Marc whip up a spread that we crave from the end of the Superbowl until next year’s and in addition each guest brings something to the party.
This year I want to bring something that is a bit different. I love chocolate covered pretzels and have been buying a lot of them, lately. The problem is that they are, relatively, expensive and often times do not have the kind of chocolate that I love.
I, also, love Chocolate Covered Potato Chips and find it hard to pass on eating a whole bunch of them.
I decided to combine my two loves into one fun treat; Pretzel Chip Towers. First, crumble potato chips and mix them into melted chocolate. Line mini pretzels on a aluminum foil lined baking pan, top it with some of the chocolate covered potato chips and top with a chocolate dipped mini pretzel. Once the mixture sets, all that’s left to do is drizzle more melted chocolate over the top.
It was quite intentional that the measurements have wiggle room in them. A lot has to do with how many Pretzel Chip Towers you want and how much dipping you feel like doing with the pretzels. Some love lots of chocolate on their treats, others want just a touch.
My batch ended up making 55 Pretzel Chip Towers. My only regret is that I will not be able to share them with the Kaufmans while watching my beloved Cleveland Browns play. That would be called Fantasy Football!
|Pretzel Chip Towers|| |
- 27 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, divided
- ⅔ of a 13 ounce bag of potato chips, I prefer the ones with ridges
- 110 mini pretzels
- Melt 15 ounces of chocolate over the stove or in the microwave. Crumble the potato chips into the chocolate. Stir until all of the chips have been covered with chocolate. Add more chips, as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place approximately 55 mini pretzels on the foil.
- Spoon the potato chips over the pretzels.
- Melt 7 ounces of chocolate over the stove or in the microwave. Dip a mini pretzel into the chocolate, coating one side completely and partially coating the other side. Place the completely dipped side onto the potato chips. Repeat until all of the Pretzel Chip Towers have been made.
- Freeze until set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the Pretzel Chip Towers upside down.
- Melt the remaining 5 ounces of chocolate over the stove or in the microwave. Transfer the melted chocolate to a quart size plastic freezer bag. Seal and cut off a small piece of one of the bottom corners.
- Drizzle chocolate over all of the Pretzel Chip Towers.