Peanut Butter Cream Strawberries
Last weekend, I headed into the kitchen to make a peanut butter based cake with a strawberry filling because PB&J is one of my favorite sandwiches. When I opened my refrigerator and saw beautiful berries, I decided to pivot on my presenation and make Peanut Butter Cream Strawberries instead.
I remembered how beautifully my Cannoli Cream Strawberries looked and tasted and thought that peanut butter cream would work just as nicely.
I did not have any creamy peanut butter in the house so I used crunchy. Either one will work so go with what you have on hand. The cream is easy to put together; mix cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Seriously, it could’t get any simpler.
Wash your strawberries, cut off the stem (saving it for later) and then cut out the center part of the berry. Dry the inside with a paper towel so that your cream does not get runny. The last step is to cut a little piece off the bottom of the berries so that they stand up.
Then, it’s just a matter of filling the berries and serving your Peanut Butter Cream Strawberries.
If you can’t get that Peanut Butter and Strawberry Cake out of your mind, you’re not alone. I KNOW I will be making that soon!
|Peanut Butter Cream Strawberries|| |
- ¾ cup (196 grams) peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 4 ounces (116 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon (50 grams) confectioners sugar
- 3½ tablespoons (49 grams) milk
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 quart strawberries
- Place the peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Transfer the peanut butter cream to a plastic freezer bag. Set in the refrigerator to firm up a bit, about 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Cut off the tops and set aside on a paper towel to absorb the moisture. Cut out the center of each berry. Dry the inside with a paper towel. Cut a small piece off of the bottom of each strawberry so that they will stand up. Leave the berries on the paper towel.
- Cut a small piece off of a bottom corner of the peanut butter cream bag. Pipe the cream into each strawberry.
- Top with a strawberry stem and serve. If not serving immediately, place the berries into the refrigerator.