Oatmeal Cranberry Toffee Cookies
Curse you J.E. O’Connor Mitchell!!! Well, perhaps that is a tad overdramatic but I totally blame Jane (J.E.) for suggesting that we bake Oatmeal Cranberry Toffee Cookies when I visited her a couple of months ago. You see, they are irresistible.
I was on the west coast of Florida for Happylicious by Betsy and Jane asked me to pick up toffee candy bars, chocolate and cranberries. My mouth started watering while reading her text.
Oatmeal Cranberry Toffee Cookies are a breeze to put together. The toffee pieces can be bought chopped or, as I did, bought in candy form and chopped at home. Then it’s really just a matter of mixing all of the ingredients together.
A friend of Jane’s gave her the recipe but we are not sure who the original baker is which is why I wrote that the auther is ‘unknown’.
Good luck trying to eat just one….dozen!
|Oatmeal Cranberry Toffee Cookies|| |
- 1½ cups (205 grams) all purpose flour
- 1½ cups (132 grams) old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 16 tablespoons (216 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (160 grams) sugar
- ¾ cup (189 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (128 grams) dried cranberries or dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup (190 grams) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (156 grams) toffee pieces
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Whisk together the flour, oats and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg followed by the vanilla.
- Blend in the dry ingredients.
- Remove from the mixer and stir in the cranberries, chocolate chips and toffee pieces. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a medium size cookie dough scoop (about 2 teaspoons of dough per scoop) to transfer the cookies to the prepared pans.
- Sprinkle the tops with sea salt.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes, rotating the pans top to bottom and front to back halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and cool, if you can wait that long.