Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
I bought a package of Nutter Butter (peanut butter sandwich cookies) in December with the intention of making some kind of cutesy holiday treat. Well, family came into town and that idea went out the window. However, I am mighty pleased with this Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Bundt Cake.
I started feeling very wasteful about buying the cookies and not using them and they were front and center when I opened my pantry. One day I was thinking about desserts my kids played a part of creating and Dalmatian Cake came to mind. It was one of my first blog posts way back in 2011 and incorporated Oreo cookies into the batter.
Naturally, my mind wandered to the bag of peanut butter sandwich cookies in the pantry and I decided to give it a shot. I wanted the peanut butter flavor to be prominent so I added some to the recipe. Beating it with the butter and sugars is the best way to make sure it is fully incorporated. The addition of lightly salted roasted peanuts brought with it more peanut taste as well as a nice bite.
When I baked the Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Bundt Cake, my thought was to glaze it with a peanut butter frosting. However, once the cake was out of the oven, I realized that a dusting of confectioners sugar would be better.
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Bundt Cake is beautifully balanced in both flavor and consistency. There’s a fun element to using cookies in cakes and who can resist peanut butter? Certainly not I!
|Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Bundt Cake|| |
- 8 tablespoons (110 grams) unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup (100 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 1½ cups (319 grams) sugar
- ½ cup (127 grams) light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2½ cups (349 grams) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- ¾ cup (189 grams) sour cream
- 1½ teaspoon (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (142 grams) lightly salted roasted peanuts
- 24 (348 grams) peanut butter sandwich cookies (I used Nutter Butter), each broken in half or thirds and placed in a bowl
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter and flour a 14 cup bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium high speed for three minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl down as needed. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix on low to combine.
- Mix in the half of the dry ingredients followed by the sour cream and vanilla. Mix in the remaining half of the dry ingredients.
- Add the peanuts.
- Fold the cookie pieces into the batter. Transfer the batter to the bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60 - 65 minutes. Allow the cake to cool in the pan. Turn out onto a cooling rack and dust with confectioners sugar.