No Bake Berry Cheesecake #SummerDessertWeek
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are 100% mine. Be sure to read to the very bottom to enter for some fab giveaways.
This was my first No Bake Berry Cheesecake and now I keep wondering what took me so long?!?
I was very excited that Angie from Big Bear’s Wife included me in her #SummerDessertWeek celebration because it motivated me to try something new which is always a good thing.
I combined cream cheese with mascarpone for two reasons; I love the flavor of these two ingredients together and I like the firmness that mascarpone adds which is important when making a no bake cheesecake. Whipping the cream and folding it into the cream cheese mixture is the final touch to insuring your cheesecake is firm enough to be called cheesecake. I chose to use strawberries, blackberries and raspberries for my No Bake Berry Cheesecake but feel free to mix it up according to what fruits you love and which ones taste great.
My new 9″ Anolon nonstick springform pan that was sent to me was a breeze to use and the cheesecake released from it without an issue. Dixie Crystals non GMO granulated sugar and Adams Extract vanilla flavor added just the right sweetness and flavor for the filling.
A bonus for making No Bake Berry Cheesecake was that we not have to spend too much time in the kitchen when summertime is calling our names.
|No Bake Berry Cheesecake #SummerDessertWeek|| |
- Graham cracker crust:
- 1¾ cups (189 grams) graham cracker crumbs, about 12-13 crackers
- 3 tablespoons (41 grams) sugar
- 8 tablespoons (110 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Cheesecake layer:
- 3 - 8 ounce packages (683 grams) cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup (78 grams) mascarpone cheese, softened
- ½ cup (110 grams) sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (7 grams) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1¾ cups (404 grams) heavy whipping cream
- Fruit layer:
- ⅓ cup (115 grams) seedless blackberry preserves
- 1 quart (454 grams) strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 6 ounces (170 grams) raspberries
- 6 ounces (170 grams) blackberries
- For the graham cracker layer:
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and thoroughly mix in the butter.
- Transfer the crust to a 9" nonstick springform pan. Freeze while preparing the cheesecake layer.
- For the cheesecake layer:
- Place the cream cheese, mascarpone and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping the bowl down as needed. Add the vanilla and lemon zest.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to the cheesecake pan and smooth the top. Refrigerate overnight.
- For the fruit layer:
- Melt the blackberry preserves. Stir until smooth.
- Once the preserves are cool to the touch, pour over the cheesecake. Use a small metal spatula to evenly spread the preserves over the top.
- Arrange the strawberries on the outer edge of the cheesecake, alternating top to bottom so that the strawberries rotate nicely around the top.
- Place blackberries inside the strawberry layer.
- Place raspberries inside the blackberry layer.
- Return to the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
- Betsy's tidbits:
- Blackberry, strawberry or raspberry preserves may be used.
- The cheesecake may be frozen before the fruit layer is put on top. Thaw the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight and then put the fruit layer on it.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 —Sweets and Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.