This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait
I am excited to be part of #SummerDessertWeek and I am kicking it off with a refreshing Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait. Just what we all want on a hot summer day. The lemon chiffon starts with the filling of my Lemon Meringue Pie. However, I did not stop there as that filling is too thick for a light dessert. Once the filling cooled, I folded in just enough whipped cream to create a pillow of lemony goodness. One of my favorite parts of making Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait was knowing that I could make the lemon layer ahead of time and assemble shortly before serving. The fresh raspberries offer a delightful color and taste. There are several sponsors associated with #SummerDessertWeek and I was thrilled to receive goodies from just about all of them. Dixie Crystals gift certificates for sugar were exactly what I needed for the sweetness of the lemon filling. Susquehanna Glass Company sent me beautiful glasses that I used for my parfaits. I highly recommend checking them out but know that you may assemble your Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Pafait in any shape or kind of glass you love. Be sure to scroll down after the recipe to see what the other #SummerDessertWeek bloggers made and how you can win some fab prizes.
|Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait #SummerDessertWeek|| |
- ½ cup (106 grams) sugar
- 2½ tablespoons (22 grams) all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup (141 grams) boiling water
- 2 egg yolks (33 grams), room temperature, beaten
- 1½ tablespoons (23 grams) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons (50 grams) lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (93 grams) whipping cream, beaten
- 1½ pints fresh raspberries
- For the lemon chiffon layer:
- Whisk the sugar and flour together in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the boiling water until it is smooth.
- Beat the egg yolks together in a small bowl. Beat in several spoonfuls of the boiling water mixture, stirring constantly, then whisk into the saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is the consistency of a thick pudding. A spoon will part the mixture down the middle when the lemon filling is done.
- Immediately transfer to a bowl and cover with wax paper, pressing the wax paper onto the lemon filling.
- Refrigerate until very cold, several hours or overnight.
- To assemble:
- Beat the whipped cream. Transfer to a bowl.
- Transfer the lemon filling to the mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture.
- Transfer lemon chiffon to the bottom third of a glass. Use the back of a small measuring spoon to smooth the top. Place a layer of fresh raspberries on top. Transfer another a layer of lemon chiffon over the raspberries. Place a raspberry on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
Pies of Summer:
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies from Forking Up
- Lemon Lavender Chess Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Cream Puffs from For the Love of Food
- Cherry Lime Bellini from Comfortably Domestic
- Strawberry Lassi from Shockingly Delicious
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too! Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away an Insulated Tote Bag, “I Knead to be Loaved” Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Printed recipe ebook, Yeast (three 3-strips of Platinum), French Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Bench Scraper/ Dough Cutter, Dough Whisk, Oven Mitt and Kitchen Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.