Kahlua Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
It’s definitely time to get 2019 rolling in a beautiful and delicious way with Kahlua Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake.
I think my favorite cakes to bake are made in bundt pans. The pan help insure that the cakes have a gorgeous pattern to them and then it’s simply a matter of mixing up the best ingredients.
In this case, Kahlua is the star. It is added to the batter as well as the chocolate glaze to give Kahlua Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake a double whammy of flavor.
Once the Kahlua is stirred into the glaze, allow it to sit until the chocolate mixture is firmer. Otherwise, the glaze will be run down the side of the cake rather than envelope it.
Whatever you do, don’t skimp on the chocolate chips! The chocolate complements the coffee and also adds a lovely textural bump.
Serve Kahlua Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake for dessert or enjoy when you want a wee bit of something decadent.
|Kahlua Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake|| |
- 14 tablespoons (187 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2½ cups (528 grams) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2¾ cups (348 grams) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (22 grams) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon (4 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (3 grams) salt
- 1⅛ cups (290 grams) sour cream
- ½ cup (144 grams) Kahlua liqueur
- 1½ teaspoons (5 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (3 grams) espresso powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon (5 grams) water
- 1¼ cups (233 grams) chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons (89 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces (341 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2½ tablespoons (32 grams) Kahlua liqueur
- For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter and flour a 14 cup bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar on medium high speed for three minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl down as needed. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Blend in half of the flour mixture. Add the sour cream, Kahlua, vanilla and dissolved espresso. Blend in the remaing flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze:
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat melt the cream. When it starts to simmer, turn the stove off and add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chips are completely melted. Stir in the Kahlua. Allow glaze to sit until it is firm enough to drizzle.
- Pour ½ of the glaze over the top of the cooled Dalmatian Cake. Spread with a small metal spatula so that the glaze drapes down the sides of the cake. Add the rest of the glaze and drape some more. The entire cake will not be covered with chocolate glaze.