Cheers – Grown-up Style
Friday night was spent celebrating a friend’s birthday. A large group of us went to a makeup bar, got all dolled up and then went dancing. By the time we reached our destination, our large group had dwindled down to four…the fab four!
We were all in a martini mood and had an entire menu from which to choose our drinks. I, naturally, went right for the dessert martinis, leaving the other three to figure out which dirty martini was going to be the best. As they ordered theirs, I asked for extra olives – for their drinks! I know, what a very odd combination, a Snickerdoodle Martini to drink with my dirty olives!
After dancing the night away, Saturday was spent recovering. I, generally, do not wear 20” heels and my legs were feeling the burn. Ok, they weren’t really 20” heels, but I sure felt like they were the next day.
Sunday rolled around and my mind kept wandering back to the fabulous drink choices available on Friday night. I thought, “An adult smoothie would be perfect while watching Sunday football,” and I got busy in the kitchen.
Busy may actually be a very giant exaggeration. The smoothie uses frozen berries, mini chocolate chips, Godiva chocolate liqueur and milk. I threw everything into the blender and the end result was thick and delicious.
Grown-up Chocolate Berry Smoothies are great to enjoy while watching my teams. Now if my beloved Cleveland Browns would win a few games in a row, I would be over the moon ecstatic!
|Grown-up Chocolate Berry Smoothies|| || |
- 7.8 ounces frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- ½ - ¾ cup milk
- Ghiradelli chocolate sauce, optional
- 2 strawberries
- For the smoothies:
- Combine the berries, chocolate chips, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and ½ cup milk into a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and add additional milk if desired.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce into two glasses. Divide the smoothie between the two glasses. Place a strawberry on the rim of each glass and enjoy.
- Betsy's tidbits:
- I use mini chocolate chips because they blend more quickly. Feel free to use regular size chips instead. Just blend longer so you do not have to chew your smoothies.
- I used frozen triple berries for my smoothies, but substitute whatever frozen berries you enjoy.
- The smoothies will become thicker as they sit so if you are not drinking yours right away, add a bit more milk.
- For a child friendly version, omit the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and increase the milk measurement to 1½ to 1¾ cups.