Grilled Peaches with White Wine Peach Mascarpone #SundaySupper
Funny how some blog posts begin. I had read that Gallo Family Vineyards was sponsoring another Sunday Supper event with ‘grilling’ as the theme. Having worked with Gallo before, I jumped at the opportunity. Did I mention that I do not own a grill?
I did not care and would not let such a minor inconvenience get in the way of working with Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Wine. Actually, I had a hard time deciding whether to make something with the Sweet White Wine with its peach, tropical fruit and honeydew flavors or Gallo’s delicious Merlot with its flavors of black cherries and ripe plums.
I bought both peaches and plums, because I was, still, conflicted. In the end the fragrant smell of the fruits in the Sweet White Wine won my heart and my stomach.
I was telling friends of mine the story of signing up for this post without owning a grill. How fortunate I am to have friends who have three extra grills, one of them being a ‘baby’ size grill. Perfect for a charcoal grill newbie! I used to have a gorgeous gas grill, but it did not come with me when I moved.
The first thing that I did was make a reduction out of chopped peaches, sugar and that delicious Gallo Family Vineyard Sweet White Wine. I pressed the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and then combined some of the reduction with mascarpone cheese.
Grilling the peaches could not have been easier, once I figured out how to get the charcoal briquettes out of the chimney grill starter and under the rack that the starter had been on. I, probably, would have let my peaches grill a bit more, but I waited a tad too long to put the peaches on the grill and the briquettes cooled too quickly.
Once the peaches were grilled, I scooped that delicious Sweet White Wine reduction mascarpone into the well of each peach and then drizzled more of the reduction over the top.
There are many things I love about this dessert. Obviously, first and foremost, is the fact that the peaches work perfectly with Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Wine. Yet, it is, also, the knowledge that grilling really is an easy thing to do. No reason to spend hours in the kitchen when the weather is so gorgeous outside.
|Grilled Peaches with White Wine Peach Mascarpone #SundaySupper|| |
- White wine peach reduction:
- 4 peaches, pitted and chopped into large pieces
- 1½ cups Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- White wine peach mascarpone:
- 1¼ cups mascarpone cheese
- ¼ white wine peach reduction
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- For the white wine peach reduction
- Place the peaches, Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Wine and sugar into a medium size saucepan. Cook on medium high until the wine is nearly gone and the mixture separates when you pull a wooden spoon along the bottom of the pan, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a fine mesh strainer and push the juice through the strainer. Spoon out the peaches from the strainer and set aside both the juice and the peaches.
- For the white wine peach reduction:
- Combine the mascarpone and white wine peach reduction into a bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Heat the grill to medium heat - either a gas or charcoal grill. If using a charcoal grill, wait until the briquettes are no longer black and have cooked for a bit. Place the peaches onto the grill and cover.
- Cook until the peaches are soft and the grill marks have scored the peaches, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the white wine peach mascarpone into the well of the peach halves. Drizzle some white wine peach reduction over the top and serve.
- Betsy's tidbits
- The mascarpone melts quickly when scooped onto the peach halves. Serve immediately or else your dessert will look similar to my pictures. Not a bad look but not as 'clean' as when initially prepared.
- The peaches that have been removed from the strainer may either be served on top of the finished dish or set them aside to enjoy another time.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Do you know how I knew, exactly, what to pair with Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Wine? It was easy, because GFV has a food pairing link on their website that tells us exactly what wines work best with the food we are making. Interested in some fab grilling recipes? No worries…GFV has got you covered with this link. In addition to those two links, GFV offers a store locator, which spares you from driving all around. Don’t forget to get your coupon, as well!
You can get more information on Gallo Family Vineyards by clicking here. While you are thinking about it, be sure to follow GFV on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Many thanks to Isabel Reis Laessig from Family Foodie for doing such a great job hosting this week’s Sunday Supper. Please be sure to check out all of the wonderful Gallo Family Vineyard grilling options that my fellow Sunday Supper family members have made.
- Grilled Brie with Tropical Fruit Compote by girlichef
- Grilled Peach Bruschetta by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Salads and Sides:
- Grilled Caesar Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Mushrooms with Merlot Reduction by The Messy Baker
- Asian Pork Lettuce Cups by Magnolia Days
- BBQ Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Cheddar Merlot Burgers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Merlot Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets by Family Foodie
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Jam Glaze by Savvy Eats
- Grilled Ribeye with Mushroom Merlot Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Sweet White Blend Marinade by Country Girl in the Village
- Merlot Marinated Flank Steak with Spicy Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Merlot Burger by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Rosemary Marinade by The Dinner-Mom
- Tandoori-style Lamb Chops by kimchi MOM
- Grilled Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Desserts Required
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches by Hip Foodie Mom
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Itís easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.