Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownie Cups
It’s time for some cups: Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownie Cups.
Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownie Cups are just what they sound like: a mouthful of heavenly goodness!
Rather than using peanut butter and marshmallow inside these Gooey Brownie Cups, I went with a chocolate/peanut butter spread. There are many brands out there; choose your favorite one. Or, if chocolate/peanut butter spread is not your thing, substitute peanut butter.
I was curious to see if I would have a marshmallow explosion similar to Marshmallow Monstrosity Cups. Fortunately, I learned that placing the marshmallows underneath the spread prevents them from bursting out completely.
Best part of all is the gooey, gooey, chocolatey dripping center. As good as they are cold, when warm the filling just sends me over the edge of happiness. Can’t wait for you to try them, too.
|Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownie Cups|| |
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (6.65 ounces) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (3.80 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (.20 ounces) vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (5.90 ounces) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (.05 ounces) kosher salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 1¼ cups (8.00 ounces) chocolate chips
- 96 mini marshmallows/8 per cup
- 12 rounded teaspoons (.40 ounces per cup) chocolate peanut butter spread
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set aside a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place the butter, brown sugar and sugar into a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave until the mixture is completely melted and bubbly. Be sure to use oven mitts when removing from the microwave as the bowl will be very hot.
- Whisk to blend the ingredients together. Whisk in vanilla, then the flour and salt.
- Continuously whisk the mixture while adding the eggs, to prevent cooking the eggs.
- Lastly, use a wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use a large cookie dough scoop or a gravy ladle to evenly transfer half of the batter to the muffin cups.
- Place 8 mini marshmallows in each cup, away from the edge of the pan.
- Scoop 1 rounded teaspoon of chocolate peanut butter spread onto the marshmallows. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° on a rack in the middle of the oven, for 18 minutes, rotating the pan front to back halfway through.
- Remove and cool completely in the pan. Use a small metal spatula to go around the edges of the Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownie Cups.
- Remove from the pan and serve.