Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups #SundaySupper
Giving comfort is the theme of this week’s Sunday Supper event and who better to partner with than Gallo Family Vineyards. Gallo continues to give comfort to the elderly with its Every Cork Counts campaign. Families Helping Other Families donates money to Meals on Wheels Association of America to provide meals for our senior citizens.
When my ‘bigs’ (now ages 23, 22 and 19) were younger we used to volunteer at a local soup kitchen. This was years before Samuel was born. When Samuel came along, life got busier and I, recently, came to realize that Samuel and I need to start giving back to our community.
Samuel and I took desserts to Quantum House in West Palm Beach which is a home that helps families at the most difficult of times, when their children are going through treatment for a serious medical condition. I baked two of my favorite comfort foods; Nana’s Butter Cookies and Gooey Brownie Cups. I, also, included a new comforting food that is perfect for this time of year – Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups.
Both Gooey Brownie Cups and Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups pair, beautifully, with Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon. Dark chocolate complements the rich black fruit and spice of this fabulous wine.
The refreshing crisp flavors of fresh green apple, white peach and citrus make Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio ideal to pair with Nana’s Butter Cookies.
I am participating in Gallo’s Every Cork Counts campaign and I encourage you to participate, as well. From now until December 31st, Gallo is donating $1 to the Meals on Wheels Association of America for every wine cork sent to them (up to $50,000) and they have made it incredibly easy to participate. You can mail the cork to Gallo Family Vineyards or, simply, submit a photo of the cork to them electronically.
Sunday Supper and Gallo Family Vineyards provide comfort to families throughout the year. Samuel and I are going to start providing dinner once a month for the residents of Quantum House. While we may be giving comfort to the families, the reality is that they are giving us just as much comfort. Truly, a blessing.
|Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups #SundaySupper|| |
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set aside a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Stir the cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar, ginger, cloves and cinnamon together in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar and ½ cup sugar into a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave until the mixture is completely melted and bubbly. Be sure to use oven mitts when removing from the microwave as the bowl will be very hot.
- Whisk to blend the ingredients together. Whisk in vanilla, then the flour and salt.
- Continuously whisk the mixture while adding the eggs, to prevent cooking the eggs.
- Lastly, use a wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chips. Most will melt, but some will still hold their shape.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use a large cookie dough scoop to evenly transfer ½ the batter to the muffin cups. Use a small cookie dough scoop to evenly scoop the filling into the middle of each of the cups. Scoop the remaining batter evenly over the cream cheese scoops.
- Bake at 350° for 18 minutes, rotating the pan front to back halfway through.
- Remove and cool completely in the pan. Use a small metal spatula to go around the edges of the Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Many thanks to Isabel Reis Laessig from Family Foodie for doing such a great job hosting this week’s Sunday Supper. Please be sure to check out all of the wonderful Gallo Family Vineyard Giving Comfort recipes that my fellow Sunday Supper family members have made.
Comforting Appetizers and Beverages:
- Acorn Squash Cheese Spread with Spinach and Artichokes by Ruffles & Truffles
- Pomegranate Mulled Wine by The Messy Baker
Comforting Entrees, Soups, and Stews:
- Beef and Mushroom Pot Pie by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Beef Goulash by Magnolia Days
- Beef Stew with Puff Pastry by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cheesy French Onion Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Chicken and Corn Chowder by The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Panini by Casa de Crews
- Classic Swiss Fondue by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatloaf by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Johnny Marzetti by NeighborFood
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Flatbread by Family Foodie
- White Wine Cream Sauce Poached Shrimp by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
Comforting Side Dishes:
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Parmesan and Dates by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Acorn Squash by Jelly Toast
Comforting Brunch, Desserts, and Sweets:
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesecake Bites with Red Wine Chocolate Sauce by Momma’s Meals
- Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake with Red Wine Raspberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups by Desserts Required
- Pear Streusel Coffee Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.