Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp #SundaySupper
Have you noticed how delish the peaches and apricots are right now? I’m not sure who is devouring more of them in my house and this makes me very happy.
Not one to let a reason to celebrate go by unnoticed, my Sunday Supper Family is throwing a virtual peach party this week in anticipation of National Peach Month in August. It’s also National Peach Ice Cream Day today….how are you celebrating?
I’m getting my party started with Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp. I am not known for my gluten free baking but I was inspired when I was messaging the king of gluten free, my friend T.R. from Gluten Free Crumbley. It wasn’t anything specific that T.R. wrote but, rather, I realized that I could easily make this recipe gluten free which meant that more people would be able to enjoy it.
Fortunately, I had gluten free oats and gluten free oat flour on hand because I had just finished making a batch of Happylicious by Betsy‘s gluten free oatmeal raisin cookie dough balls. The rest is just a matter of mixing ingredients together and baking. One fabulous thing about working with peaches and apricots is that they do not have to be peeled before baking. WOOHOO!
|Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp #SundaySupper|| |
- Fruit filling:
- 1 pound 10 ounces (738 grams) peaches
- 1 pound 14 ounces (850 grams apricots
- ½ cup (110 grams) sugar
- ¼ cup (27 grams) gluten free oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Gluten free oat topping
- ¾ cup (71 grams) gluten free oats
- ½ cup (54 grams) gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup (126 grams) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (110 grams) sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- For the fruit filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Set aside an 11" x 7½" baking pan.
- Cut the peaches and apricots into medium size pieces and place into a bowl. Add the sugar, gluten free oat flour and cinnamon. Stir to combine and transfer to the baking pan.
- For the gluten free oat topping:
- Stir together the gluten free oats, gluten free oat flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium size bowl. Use your fingers or a fork to blend the butter into the mixture, just until it is incorporated but not blended.
- Spread the topping over the fruit.
- Place the baking pan onto a baking sheet and bake at 350º for 1 hour, rotating the pan front to back halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Serve warm or cold.
Now it’s time to really get this party started. Many thanks to Sue Lau from A Palatable Pastime for hosting this week’s event. Be sure to check out the other wonderful peach recipes from my Sunday Supper Family!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement