Are you one who makes New Year’s resolutions? I for one am not. I make tweaks along the way and, therefore, do not feel the need to base substantial changes on a date in the calendar.
However, I do think that many of us tend to eat and drink a tad more in December than we usually do, which is why today’s Sunday Supper, “A Lighter Year” theme is perfect. Each of us is sharing a lighter recipe.
‘Lighter,’ Desserts Required style, means fruit but I am not one who puts out a bowl of fruit and calls it dessert. That’s just not my style. On the other hand a fruit parfait is right up my alley.
For my Fruit Parfait I layered the fruit in pretty individual serving pieces and topped it with whipped cream flavored with raspberry liqueur. You may, certainly, eliminate the liqueur if you want to go even lighter, but let’s not go TOO crazy on our cutbacks!
Personal preference will dictate the fruits you use. I, simply, recommend going with colors that pop and tastes that you love.
|Fruit Parfait #SundaySupper|| |
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 1½ tablespoons raspberry liqueur, optional
- mango, cut into bite size pieces
- strawberries, cut into bite size pieces
- For the fruit parfait:
- Place the cream, confectioners sugar and liqueur into a mixing bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Layer the fruit in a glass or bowl, alternating the red fruits with the other two.
- Dollop whipped cream over the top layer and place a raspberry on top.
- Betsy's tidbits:
- The whipped cream recipe is meant for 6 Fruit Parfaits. It may be scaled up or down to accommodate the number of parfaits you are making.
- Personal preference will dictate the fruits you use. Pick fruits with colors that pop and tastes that you love.
Many thanks to T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting today’s event. Please be sure to check out all of the fabulous lighter recipes!
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savory Soups and Sides
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi’s Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.