Coffee Oreo Cookies
Coffee Oreo Cookies are fun to make and eat.
I wanted to come up with a recipe that would be easy enough for kids to make and also one that adults would love. So many of us grew up dunking our Oreo cookies into milk and Baby Boy still loves doing this now. As adults, we also enjoy a few Oreo cookies with a cup of coffee.
A few months ago, I saw that Oreo had a coffee flavored sandwich cookie. They charged a premium for them and before I knew it, they were gone from the stores. Yet, clearly, the flavor idea stayed with me.
Coffee Oreo Cookies beat instant coffee into the butter and sugars so it dissolves a great deal. The coffee flavor is lasting, though, and permeates the white filling of Oreo cookies.
If you don’t have wee ones around the house to help you bake a batch, I would recommend taking full advantage of not having to share your batch of Coffee Oreo Cookies with anyone else. Well, maybe share them with those you love!
|Coffee Oreo Cookies|| |
- 1¾ cups (245 grams) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (4 grams) salt
- 8 tablespoons (110 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (109 grams) sugar
- ½ cup (133 grams) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (2 grams) instant espresso powder
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 16 Oreo cookies (185 grams), broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, brown sugar and espresso powder into a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about three minutes, scraping the bowl down as needed.
- Add the egg followed by the vanilla.
- Blend in the dry ingredients. Lastly, add the broken Oreo cookies.
- Use a 2 teaspoon cookie dough scoop to transfer the dough to the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, rotating the pans top to bottom and front to back halfway through. The cookies will continue to set as they cool.