Coffee Nutella Marshmallow Brownies
Baby Boy has been begging for marshmallows lately so I bought two bags. There was NO way that he was eating all of them which is how Coffee Nutella Marshmallow Brownies came about.
I chose to make brownies for two reasons; they are easy and they are the perfect dessert during the lazy-hazy-crazy days of summer.
When I went into the pantry to grab my ingredients for Coffee Nutella Marshmallow Brownies, I noticed that there were two jars of nutella and that both had been opened. That just didn’t seem right so I had to dwindle the supply down.
Nutella and marshmallows are sweet so I adjusted the sugar in the brownie recipe and also added instant espresso powder to balance the flavors.
To say that Coffee Nutella Marshmallow Brownies were a hit would be an understatement. I made two batches and sent them in to Baby Boy’s teachers. I got the best thank you notes ever. Yet, I have to confess; I sent almost all of the brownies to the school because I couldn’t stop eating them.
You have been warned!
|Coffee Nutella Marshmallow Brownies|| |
- 1 cup (141 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (4 grams) salt
- 12 tablespoons (171 grams) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces (115 grams) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon (4 grams) instant espresso powder
- 1-2/3 cups (362 grams) sugar
- 4 eggs (196 grams)
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (158 grams) nutella
- 20 regular size marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and espresso powder. Stir until smooth.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, until it is pale in color and smooth. Add half of the melted chocolate followed by half of the dry ingredients.
- Blend in the remaining melted chocolate.
- Add the nutella and vanilla.
- Mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Spread half of the batter into the pan. Evenly place the marshmallows over the batter. Spoon the remaining batter over the marshmallows. Use a small metal spatula to guide the batter over the marshmallows.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, loosely covering the pan with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent the top from burning.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before cutting.