Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares #SundaySupper
Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares seemed like the perfect recipe to share with Sunday Supper Movement’s Super Eats for Game Day event. Two great events in one day…life is great!
Before chatting a bit about the delicious Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares, I want to tell you about the Sunday Supper Movement. I was first introduced to Sunday Suppers when I attended the Food & Wine Conference in Orlando last summer. Isabel Laessig put together the three day conference. Isabel is an amazing powerhouse of a petite woman who realized that families have gotten away from sitting around the table and enjoying a meal together. Isabel started Family Foodie and a big part of her blog centers around this concept.
One thing led to another and the Sunday Supper Movement took off. Each week an amazing group of bloggers all post to a set theme and share our Sunday ‘meal’ around our very own internet table. Tweets are made throughout the day and everyone is welcome to participate in the hour long live Twitter chat Sundays 7-8 p.m.
I have talked about joining in on the fun and at last am doing so today. I had more questions about how one participates in the Sunday Supper Movement than a preschooler has on her first day of school. My incredibly patient mentor, Kim Watkinson from The Ninja Baker, showed me time and time again why this group is just incredible. On a personal note, Kim has also become a very dear friend. I love how Kim through baking, blogging and book writing builds a bridge between the Eastern culture of Japan, her home until she turned 18, and the Western culture of America where she now lives.
Now that you know what’s going on, it’s time to tell you a bit about my Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares. The theme for this week’s Sunday Supper is Super Eats for Game Day. As I have previously mentioned, I know many people think, primarily, of fab appetizers and dishes for the big day. I, however, think dessert is equally important.
I love when you help me decide what to bake. Recently, I asked my Facebook page what kind of cheesecake you would like with a biscoff crust. I got back a lot of great responses, coffee being one of them. When I was talking to Sarah, a very talented pastry chef at work, she thought it would be totally decadent to swirl in a chocolate ganache.
It was like a bolt of lightning struck and I KNEW I had a hit on my hands. I first made the Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares in a 10” round springform. Yet, I knew that this was not the right kind of dessert for Super Bowl Sunday. I ordered a 9” square cheesecake pan and after playing with the baking time a bit, finally, had a dessert worthy of Sunday Supper’s Super Eats for Game Day event.
Before you watch, pin, tweet and share Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares, I want to thank Heather Lynne from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks for spearheading this fun event today. She did a great job keeping me up-to-date on what was going on.
|Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares #SundaySupper|| |
- Biscoff crust:
- 8 ounces Biscoff cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Chocolate ganache:
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Coffee cheesecake:
- 4 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Chocolate topping:
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- For the Biscoff crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter a 9” square springform pan, line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the Biscoff cookies and sugar into a food processor. Process until you have fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process until blended.
- Transfer the crust to the prepared pan and press evenly onto the bottom of the pan. Wrap the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil. Bake at 325° for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- For the chocolate ganache:
- Place the chocolate chips into a small bowl. Bring the cream to a simmer and then pour over the chips. Set aside for a few minutes and then stir until smooth. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for about 25 – 35 minutes. You want the ganache to be somewhat firm, yet smooth enough to swirl into the cheesecake batter.
- For the coffee cheesecake:
- Place the cream cheese and sugar into a mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy, about three minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the eggs, one at a time. Blend in the vanilla and coffee.
- Spoon the chocolate ganache into the cheesecake bowl. Use a rubber spatula to swirl the chocolate into the batter. Do not overdo this or you will no longer have a swirled cheesecake.
- Pour the batter over the crust. Smooth the top and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Release the latch of the springform and remove the sides. Refrigerate the cheesecake for several hours or overnight.
- Using a long metal spatula as your guide, transfer the cheesecake off of the parchment paper and onto a cutting board. Cut into squares using a long thin knife. Wipe the blade clean in between slices for a prettier presenation.
- For the chocolate topping:
- Place the melted chocolate into a small freezer bag. Cut off the tip of one of the bottom corners. Drizzle the chocolate topping onto each cheesecake square.
- Betsy's tidbits:
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake may also be made in a 10” round springform pan. Bake at 325° for only 50 minutes. Do not slice before drizzling the chocolate over the top.
- I highly recommend using parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. I forgot to use it when I baked the cheesecake used for the video. It was much harder to transfer the cheesecake from the springform pan to the cutting board. With the parchment paper, the cheesecake slides right off the paper.
- If you over-fold your ganache into the coffee batter, don’t worry about it. The timing is not affected. The look will change and you will not have the ‘swirl’ effect, but the cheesecake will still be delicious.
Be sure to check out all of the wonderful recipes from my Sunday Supper friends. If you don’t make them today, no worries, there will be many more football days ahead.
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag
and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.