Do you like Piña Coladas? How about getting caught in the rain? I know, I know…this song will not be stuck in your head all day! Well, welcome to my world. Ever since I learned that my Sunday Supper family was celebrating National Piña Colada Day today, that’s all I have been singing!
Truth be told, I am not a huge Piña Colada lover, mostly because I love my pineapples peeled, cored and eaten vs coming out of a can. So I decided to do a twist to the traditional drink and make a Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie.
My friend Ellen taught me about freezing bananas so I used them in place of ice. The coconut rum and cream of coconut brought in the coconut flavor of Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie. Freshly squeezed lime juice added the perfect symmetry to this refreshing beverage.
Now that you know how easy it is to make your very own Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie, all that’s left to do is get the song out of your head!
|Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie #SundaySupper|| |
- 2 bananas (186 grams)
- ¾ cup (154 grams) coconut rum
- ⅓ cup (90 grams) cream of coconut
- juice of 1 lime
- Peel the bananas. Cut them into large chunks and freeze.
- Place the bananas, coconut rum, cream of coconut and lime juice into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.
Many thanks to Constance of Cosmopolitan Cornbread for being such a fabulous hostess! Please be sure to check out these other fabulous recipes that will have you going coco-nuts for National Piña Colada Day!
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.