Chocolate Pistachio Cherry Bark
Chocolate Pistachio Cherry Bark is the last post of 2018. We have been through quite a range of fabulous desserts and treats through the years and I wanted to end this one with something that is easy to put together yet packs a ton of flavor.
When I first started Desserts Required, I was a stay-at-home mom and had a lot more time to develop more elaborate desserts which I loved doing. Now, as a fulltime business owner at Happylicious by Betsy, time is not quite as easy to come by. Baking has shifted to accommodate a crazy insane schedule that still includes a passion and love of desserts and treats.
This New Year’s Eve we are celebrating Baby Boy becoming a Bar Mitzvah. He chose not to have a big party and, instead, we will be enjoying the night with family and a few of our closest friends. I am throwing a Desserts and Martini party (I know, HUGE surprise).
Amongst some of the traditional favorites like Death by Chocolate, Heavenly Cassata and Cookie Baked Apple Pie will be cookies and candies. Lately, pistachios have been calling my name and these tasty nuts combined with dried cherries is magical.
It was intentional that exact measurements were left out of Chocolate Pistachio Cherry Bark because this can be made in a very small batch or a huge half sheet tray. It just depends on how many people you want to serve.
Chocolate is melted slowly so that it does not bloom after setting and then poured onto a baking sheet. Pistachios and chopped cherries are sprinkled over the top along with chocolate chips. I could have stopped there but I realized that white chocolate chips would make the candy bark ‘pop’ with the color as well as balance out the salty/tart flavors.
Celebrating at someone else’s home? Chocolate Pistachio Cherry Bark is a wonderful hostess gift. Give it a try.
I wish all of you a very sweet and Happy New Year filled with lots of decadent desserts!
|Chocolate Pistachio Cherry Bark|| |
- Semisweet or dark chocolate
- Roasted and salted pistachio nuts, shelled
- Dried cherries, chopped
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the semisweet or dark chocolate slowly so that it is not too hot. This may be done over the stove or in the microwave. If microwaving, do not completely melt the chocolate. Rather, remove it from the microwave and stir until the remaining chocolate melts.
- Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking pan and spread to a layer that is ¼" - ⅓" high. It is not an exact science.
- Sprinkle the pistachios, chopped dried cherries, semisweet and white chocolate chips over the chocolate.
- Set in the refrigerator.
- Once the Chocolate Pistachio Cherry Bark is set, cut into pieces. If you cut through with a knife, many of the toppings will break off. Instead, use the tip of the knife to 'break' chunks of the chocolate. Simply insert the tip into a chocolate area and jiggle it down until pieces of bark fall apart.