Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Do you know why this is one of my favorite times of the year? Because Chocolate Peppermint Bark is sold everywhere!
I am not sure why I find it so magical but I have a very hard time passing on a piece. As a general rule, I do not like white chocolate. It’s too sweet. Throw some mint into the mix and get out of my way.
I prefer the look of having white chocolate on the bottom of my Chocolate Peppermint Bark but if you like it on top, just switch the two chocolates around. Either way will result in a beautiful candy that you may find hard to share with others. For that reason, I suggest making two batches.
|Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 7.50 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 5 drops pure peppermint oil
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2.50 ounces peppermint candies, chopped
- Line a 13" x 9" baking pan with aluminum foil, pressing it smoothly into place, shiny side up.
- Stir the peppermint oil into the white chocolate. Pour it onto the foil and spread the white chocolate evenly over the foil Set aside to set for 10 minutes.
- Pour the dark chocolate over the white chocolate. Spread evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the peppermint candies over the top of the dark chocolate.
- Allow the bark to set before cutting into pieces. The bark may be refrigerated briefly if time is of the essence.
- Lift the foil out of the pan and place it on a cutting board. Cut the bark into pieces.