Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies and a Christmas Week Giveaway
We are on day five of Christmas Week and what better way to celebrate than with a batch of Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies? I don’t know firsthand but I’ve heard that Santa LOVES coming down the chimney and finding a plateful of these treats.
This is such a crazy time of the year. Fabulous but crazy and if you are anything like I am, you need a quick and easy recipe that is also one that will have everyone begging for more. It’s nice to offer a cookie that is a tad different. Orange zest perks up the chocolate and the oatmeal. So don’t just sit there. Hurry up and get into the kitchen and bake a batch of Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies because Christmas Week is almost over.
Christmas Week is an annual event. It started in 2012 and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
|Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies #ChristmasWeek|| |
- 2 cups (9.60 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1½ cups (5.90 ounces) extra thick rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon (.20 ounces) salt
- 1 teaspoon (.10 ounces) baking soda
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (6.80 ounces) light brown sugar
- ¾ cup (5.70 ounces) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (.25 ounces) grated orange zest
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon (.05 ounces) vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (10.40 ounces) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, sugar and orange zest into a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and creamy. Add the egg, one at a time followed by the vanilla. Blend in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 teaspoons at a time.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes, rotating the pans top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Please visit all our talented participants:
S’mores Christmas Crack Bars from Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies from Desserts Required
Spiced Hibiscus Cranberry Mojitos from Pineapple and Coconut
Double Chocolate Peppermint Granola from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Peppermint Truffles from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Boozy Bourbon Balls from Amee’s Savory Dish
Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake from Comfortably Domestic
Magic Cookie Bar Truffles from Farm Fresh Feasts
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from My Catholic Kitchen
Cardamom Coffee Bars with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Frosting from Daily Appetite
Christmas Swirl Bundt Cake from Savory Experiments
Pumpkin Po’e from Aloha Flavor
Cherry Brandy Old Fashioned from Food Babbles
Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies from Mind Over Batter
Chocolate Covered Snowmen S’more Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
Chocolate Covered Coconut Bon Bons from Everyday Southwest
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from CopyKat Recipes
Crock Pot Chocolate Cherry Nut Cups from Flour On My Face
Christmas Week Amazon Gift Card Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015. Winners must be 18 years of age. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be asked a skill testing question.