Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart #SundaySupper
Pie is one of my favorite desserts. I grew up eating Mom’s Strawberry Pie and Lemon Meringue Pie, which are still made regularly for my family. I have tried many different kinds of pies through the years. Ironically, one of my most popular posts is my nontraditional Peanut Butter Piggy Pie. It is a combination of peanut butter and bacon in every layer from the crust to the maple glazed bacon pieces on top. This may sound strange but it really works.
Today my Sunday Supper family is all about pies; sweet ones, savory ones, some with a butter crust, some with a graham cracker crust and everything in between. I wanted to share something special with you and Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart most definitey fits this description.
I know that a tart is not exactly a pie but they are so closely related that I figured you wouldn’t mind. The only problem was that I could not find my recipe. I was hardly going to let that stop me so I created a new Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart.
The crust is a combination of graham crackers and toasted macadamia nuts with sugar and melted butter. The filling is a creamy chocolate ganache that melts in your mouth. Blend the two flavors together and you are in for a heavenly dessert.
|Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart
- 6 ounces graham crackers - about 11 whole crackers
- 1¼ cups (5.50 ounces) macadamia nuts plus 12 macadamia nuts (.75 ounces), toasted
- 4½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons (2.4 ounces) sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups (10 ounces) heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the graham crackers, 1¼ cups macadamia nuts and sugar into a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until it is the consistency of powder. Add the melted butter and pulse on/off until completely blended.
- Spray a 9" tart pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer the crust to the pan. Press evenly around the edges before patting the remaining crust onto the bottom of the pan.
- Place the tart pan on a piece of aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips into a small bowl. Cook the cream in a small saucepan over medium high heat until it simmers. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Let it sit for 5 minutes before stirring the mixture until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the tart shell. Place the remaining 12 macadamia nuts evenly around the outside edges of the tart, like the numbers on a clock. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Allow the tart to come to room temperature before serving although it is wonderful straight out of the refrigerator, too.
Be sure to check out the other terrific pie recipes from my fellow Sunday Supper members. A special thank you to Erica from The Crumby Cupcake for hosting today’s event. Erica and I were on the Sunday Supper blogging trip with the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. My sides are still hurting from all the laughter shared with Erica that weekend.
Sweet As Pie
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement