Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownies
Macadamia nuts have always had a special place in my heart. I remember my grandparents bringing us chocolate covered macadamia nuts when they went to Hawaii and then trying to sneak an extra piece when nobody was looking. Too bad I rarely succeeded.
What I do know how to do is create a recipe that is filled with as much temptation as those boxes of chocolates.
Toasting macadamia nuts does wonders to intensify the nutty flavor found within Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownies. Once the nuts have cooled, place them into a plastic freezer bag and use the bottom of a glass measuring cup to break them apart.
The brownie base is a breeze to put together and then it’s just a matter of mixing the nuts in with the chocolate chips just before baking.
There was only one challenge I found with Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownies. I kept going back for more but no one was there to stop me this time!
|Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownies|| |
- 1½ cups (6.80 ounces) macadamia nuts, toasted and cooled completely
- 1 cup (4.80 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (.10 ounces) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (.10 ounces) salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups (15.20 ounces) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (.10 ounces) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6.50 ounces) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the toasted nuts into a plastic freezer bag. Release the air, seal the bag and use the bottom of a measuring cup to break them into medium size pieces. Another option is to chop them with a knife. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Beat until thoroughly blended. Mix in half of the dry ingredients. Add the melted chocolate/butter followed by the vanilla. Blend in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Remove from the mixer and fold in the chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350º for 35 - 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting.