Chocolate Covered Strawberries #SundaySupper #FLStrawberry
This really is the happiest season of all and do you know why? Because Florida Strawberries are back in season and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
This week, my Sunday Supper family is showcasing these gorgeous berries in many ways to help you enjoy the holidays. In my house, Samuel and I love eating strawberries just the way they are but I, also, love baking with them. Chocolate Strawberry Tart, Strawberry Bread and Mom’s Strawberry Pie are just a few of the strawberry treats I make that are always crowd pleasers.
One of my favorite gifts to receive is Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I especially love strawberries dipped in rich chocolate and then dressed up with a drizzle of white chocolate. Of course, this treat only works if the strawberries are tasty.
Fortunately, for all of us, Florida Strawberries are in season November through April. When I toured some of the strawberry farms in Plant City, Florida, I learned that they are picked and shipped out the same day. I nearly froze in the cold storage area but it was well worth it to see how seriously our Florida farmers take the business of delivering quality berries. So if you are up north along the east coast and see Florida strawberries in your grocery store, buy them! They really were picked 1 or 3 days earlier.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries dress up the berries in a very decadent way. They are gorgeous served on a tray but you can also give them as holiday gifts wrapped in a beautiful box.
If you have any leftover, I am sure that won’t be a problem. Around here, they never last very long.
Wondering how healthy Florida strawberries are for you? Great news….they are super duper healthy. Strawberries are virtually fat free, contain no cholesterol and are an excellent source of folic acid that helps the body metabolize protein. Just eight medium strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange. You can get even more information about the health benefits of Florida Strawberry by clicking here.
|Chocolate Covered Strawberries #SundaySupper #FLStrawberry|| |
- 1 pound Florida Fresh Strawberries
- 1¼ cups (230 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup (94 grams) white chocolate, melted
- Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries, leaving the stems on.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Carefully dip each strawberry into the melted semisweet or bittersweet chocolate. Use a spoon to help guide the chocolate, if necessary. Let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place the strawberries onto the prepared pan.
- Transfer the melted white chocolate to a small plastic freezer bag. Seal the bag and cut a small piece off of one of the bottom corners.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Allow the Chocolate Covered Strawberries to set, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until serving.
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Before you get to all of the other fantastic Sunday Supper recipes that will help insure that everyone is able to enjoy the holidays with Florida strawberries, there’s one more thing you don’t want to miss. Florida Strawberry is launching a huge giveaway this season. Here are the details:
- The giveaway starts tomorrow, December 12, 2016 at 12:00 a.m.
- Submit a fabulous photo with Florida strawberries and receive a free Florida Strawberry cap (limit one per household) plus get entered for a chance to win a getaway to Florida at the TradeWinds Island Resort in St. Pete’s Beach.
- Airfare, accommodations, and a tour of a strawberry farm in Plant City for up to 4 people are included.
- The giveaway ends on February 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- You can submit a photo directly through this link or on social media using the #FLStrawberryCap hashtag.
- You can enter for the grand prize as many times as you’d like
- Be creative as the favorite image will be hand selected.
- Don’t forget to tag #FLSTRAWBERRYCAP!
- For a complete list of the sweepstake, click here.
Now for those other delish recipes!
- Balsamic Strawberry Brie Bites by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Savory Strawberry Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Apple Salsa by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Hummus by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Desserts Required
- Classic Eton Mess by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Strawberry Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Goopy Goop – A Healthy Strawberry Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Bundt Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting by Family Around The Table
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberry & Chicken Kabobs by Books n’ Cooks
- Grilled Fish Topped with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Strawberry BBQ Shredded Chicken by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry and Arugula Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Almond Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Bread by An Appealing Plan
- Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad by April Golightly
- Strawberry Coleslaw by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.