Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
I do hope you are not getting tired of elegant bundt cakes because after making Coconut Bundt Cake with Lemon Filling and Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake I am just getting started with the possibilities.
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake was created when I was craving two of my favorite things; chocolate chips and cake. There are a lot of chocolate chip cakes out there but I wanted one that was packed with chips. I’m talking about the kind of cake that allows you to enjoy chocolate chips with every forkful.
In my opinion brown sugar with its deep flavor is a ‘must include’ ingredient when baking chocolate chip cookies. For the Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake not only did I add it to the batter but I, also, used tubinado sugar to coat the pan.
Turbinado sugar got its name because the sugar is spun in a large turbine. The crystals are larger than brown sugar and the taste is subtler, too, because the molasses content is lower. The trick to lining the buttered pan is to sprinkle turbinado sugar into all parts of the pan rather than just the bottom. Then swirl the swirly pan around and around until the pan is covered.
The end result is an enticing crunchy crust that complements the moistness of the chocolate chip cake.
Be sure to hold the edges of the pan tightly when inverting the cake onto a cooling rack. As you can see below, sometimes the best-laid plans go awry.
Leave me a comment below letting me know what other kinds of bundt cakes you want to see here on Desserts Required. As The Carpenters used to sing, “We’ve only just begun”!
Interested in purchasing your own swirly pan? Click on the link below:
Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Heritage Bundt Pan
As an Amazon Affiliate Partner, I earn a few pennies when someone buys through Desserts Required but the only products I list are ones I like, too.
|Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake|| |
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons for preparing the pan
- turbinado sugar (approximately ¾ cup)
- 2 cups (9.55 ounces) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups (9.20 ounces) sugar
- ½ cup (4.45 ounces) light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (4.40 ounces) sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups (10.30 ounces) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Partially melt 2 tablespoons butter and butter a 10 cup swirly pan. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place 11 tablespoons butter, sugar and light brown sugar into a large mixing bowl. Cream the mixture until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in one-half of the dry ingredients followed by the sour cream, vanilla and milk. Blend in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Invert the cake onto a cooling rack and cool completely.