Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies and I go way back to 1990 but the person who gave the recipe to me, Susan Zenn, and I go back to baby pictures in the crib together. Friends like Susan are true treasures and so are her Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies.
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies could almost be called brownies except that they are scooped into individual pieces. I don’t think you could find an easier cookie to make because everything gets mixed together in the food processor.
My favorite takeaway from Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies was the way in which the chocolate was processed with the sugar. The sugar worked as a buffer, which prevented the chocolate from softening to the point of melting into one mess at the bottom of the bowl. All of the other ingredients simply fell into place as they were added.
I can’t remember for which occasion Susan shared this Bon Appetit recipe with me. I am just glad she did and I am certain that once you make a batch of Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies, you will be thankful, too!
Pin it: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/26106872815458620/
|Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies|| |
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into ½ ounce pieces
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the unsweetened chocolate and sugar into a food processors. Process until the chocolate is finely chopped. Add the butter, eggs, coffee and vanilla and pulse on/off until blended. Pulse in the flour and salt. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and pulse on/off just until the chips are incorporated into the dough.
- Use a small cookie dough scoop (2 teaspoons) to scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, rotating the pans top to bottom and front to back halfway through.
- Cool on the baking sheets.