Brownie Batter Truffles #SundaySupper
What do you think of when you read, Brownie Batter Truffles? Does your mind go where mine does to images of licking the bowl of the brownie batter and then dipping that batter into chocolate?
I am someone who raised my kids telling them that they can’t eat the brownie batter because it has raw eggs that can make them sick. Then, when my kids weren’t looking, I would sneak a lick or two of the batter, because I have the will power of a two year old.
Fast forward to the Sunday Supper group page posting of an upcoming post. Here I discovered that Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs was not only one of the Food and Wine Conference sponsors but, also, the sponsor of today’s blog post. I was delighted to apply to participate, only AFTER I did my homework.
Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs really are safe for eating uncooked. Their eggs are pasteurized to eliminate the risk of Salmonella bacteria and viruses like Avian influenza. The pasteurization process is really fascinating and I encourage you to check it out.
It took less than 30 seconds to decide that I had to make Brownie Batter Truffles for today’s Sunday Supper event. The sheer joy of being able to eat an entire truffle made with brownie batter that has raw egg that is safe to eat is almost more than I can handle…almost! I guess I won’t have to sneak those bowl-licking spoonfuls of batter anymore thanks to Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs.
For more information about Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs, where you can purchase your own eggs and how to keep up to date on all that is happening with this wonderful company, please click on the links below:
Store Locator: http://www.safeeggs.com/store-locator
Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs is, also, sponsoring a recipe contest for the Food and Wine Conference. Be sure to check it out and get your entry in before the June 27th deadline!
|Brownie Batter Truffles #SundaySupper
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 Davidson's Safest Choice® Eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Microwave the chocolate and butter together until melted. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place eggs and pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 20 seconds. Add sugar. Mix on low until combined. While the mixer is on, add ½ of the chocolate mixture. Combine. Add ½ of the flour mixture. Alternate again until the remaining chocolate and flour mixture have been thoroughly incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the batter. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Use a small cookie dough scoop to scoop out the truffles. Freeze until the balls are set.
- Once the truffles are frozen, roll them between the palms of your hands to smooth them out.
- Line another baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Working quickly, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate and place it on the clean baking sheet.
- Return to the freezer to set.
- Store in the freezer. Brownie Batter Truffles are best served cold.
This post is sponsored by the Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs . All opinions are my own.
Many thanks to Sunday Supper Movement founder Isabel Reis Laessig for doing such a wonderful job hosting today’s event. Be sure to check out the other delicious no-bake options from the other Sunday Supper participants.
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.