Fulfilling Your Daily Intake of Happiness
My problem was that I could not figure out what I wanted to do with them. I was discussing my dilemma with my cousin, Jackie. She suggested Banana Peanut Butter Cups, which I thought was brilliant.
I dived right in, deciding to bake them in a cupcake pan. I posted a request for tasters on Facebook and also took a Cup with me when I went out. I wanted feedback from my friends.
The verdict? Not as great as I would have liked, but VERY accurate reviews. The taste was, quite simply, not quite there…yet. A very talented friend thought that substituting Nutella for the peanut butter would do the trick.
She was right! The Banana Nutella Cups are incredibly moist, thanks to the bananas. What I love the most is that the Nutella, which can be very overpowering in some recipes, is really very subtle.
When I served Banana Nutella Cups at a lunch this week, my friends and I came to the conclusion that there’s no reason why these Cups shouldn’t be categorized as fruit. I think if I eat enough of them, I will certainly fulfill my daily intake of something. Even if it that something is happiness.
|Banana Nutella Cups|| |
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup Nutella
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Set aside 2 – 12 cup muffin pans.
- Place butter, nutella and sugar in large mixing bowl. Beat until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping the bowl down as needed. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Add bananas, vanilla and chocolate chips and mix on low speed until combined.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use a large cookie dough scoop or a gravy ladle to evenly transfer the batter to the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°, on a rack in the middle of the oven, for 18 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely in the pan. Use a small metal spatula to go around the edges of the Banana Nutella Cups.
- Remove from the pan and serve.