Strawberry Bread #SundaySupper #FLStrawberry
It’s hard to believe that 2015 is just about over. Where did the time go? Today my Sunday Supper family is joining forces to kick off the new year with Fresh from Florida Strawberries!
I have used Florida Strawberries for decades. Some of my favorite desserts that highlight these gorgeous berries are Mom’s Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Cobbler Bars and Heavenly Cassata. Today I am sharing Strawberry Bread, which is a great way to start your day.
In addition to chopped strawberries in the bread I also cooked berries over the stove and added this mixture into the batter. With my first bite of Strawberry Bread I knew this would be a hit with my family. They don’t even have to know how healthy this bread is for them.
I feel so fortunate that I live in Florida, where I am able to enjoy the taste of summer all winter long with Fresh from Florida Strawberries. Did you know 8 medium strawberries equal your daily requirement of vitamin C? Strawberries are nutritious and delicious, locally grown Florida Strawberries are in season now. Click here for more nutrition info.
|Strawberry Bread #SundaySupper #FLStrawberry|| |
- 1 quart Florida Strawberries
- 1½ cups (11.30 ounces) sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons (.25 ounces) cornstarch
- 2 cups (10.05 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons (.20 ounces) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (.10 ounces) salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (.10 ounces)vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (3.55 ounces) sour cream
- Wash and slice one-half of the strawberries and dry well on paper towels. Wash, hull and dry the other strawberries and place them in a medium saucepan. Mash the berries in the saucepan with your hand or a masher. Add ¼ cup (1.80 ounces) sugar and the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick and translucent, stirring constantly. Cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. LIne a 9" x 5" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Place the butter and 1¼ cups (9.50 ounces) sugar into a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla.
- Blend in one-half of the dry ingredients. Add the sour cream. Blend in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Remove from the mixer and fold in the cooled strawberry mixture and chopped strawberries.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Check after 40 minutes and tent with aluminum foil if the top is getting too dark.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
This post is sponsored by the Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
It’s easy to add flavor and nutrition to your favorite dishes with Fresh from Florida Strawberries. For more Florida Strawberry Recipes visit StrawberrySue.com.
You can get more information on Florida Strawberry by clicking here. While you are thinking about it, be sure to follow Florida Strawberry on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Strawberry Sue on YouTube and Twitter.
Additionally, there is a fabulous Instagram ‘Show us your Strawberries’ photo contest presented by #SundaySupper and @flastrawberries. Please read the details listed below and then enter to win!
– Share a photo featuring a strawberry using the hashtag #FLStrawberry and you could win a $100, $50, or $25 gift card
– Contest runs from 12/27/15 – 01/17/16
– Winners will be chosen at random and announced during the LIVE #SundaySupper Twitter Party 01/17/16
– Must be US resident 18 years of age or older
– This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram
Please be sure to look through all of the tempting Florida Strawberry recipes that my fellow Sunday Supper family members have made.
Strawberries for Starters
- Crispy Strawberry and Brie Bites by Ruffles & Truffles
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Ball by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Strawberries for Breakfast
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Avocado Smoothie by An Appealing Plan
- Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Balsamic Frittata by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry Bread by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake by Recipe for Perfection
- Strawberry French Toast Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Guacamole & Bacon Toast by I’m Not the Nanny
Strawberries for Lunch
- Strawberry-Poppyseed Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
- Venison Street Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Caprese Salad by Life Tastes Good
Strawberries for Dinner
- Balsamic Pork Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy One Pot Chicken Strawberry Paella by Food Done Light
- Pecan Chicken with Strawberry Chipotle Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Quinoa with Salmon and Strawberries by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry BBQ Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Risotto by Magnolia Days
Plus don’t miss Delicious Strawberry Ideas and Sweet Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.