Raspberry Blueberry Bundt Cake
Many of you know that Super Bowl is one of my three favorite holidays but did you also know that I love get togethers surrounding sporting events? I have to admit, the food is a huge reason for this. March Madness is gearing up and I’m going to bring Raspberry Blueberry Bundt Cake to my parties.
CK Mondavi’s Moscato is a wonderful choice to pair with the Raspberry Blueberry Bundt Cake. The floral, fruity scent with a hint of lemon zest was what motivated me to come up with this recipe. Lemon zest is used in the cake and lemon juice is used in the glaze. That’s a pairing we can all wrap our appetites around!
Desserts are always my starting point at a party but CK Mondavi wants you to enjoy the entire meal. That’s why they are offering in-store savings on two bags of Bridgford Pepperoni and two bags of any chips. Be sure to look for CK Mondavi’s special game day promotions on their wine bottles now through March 31, 2018.
Yet, what will you pair the rest of your meal with since we already have the Raspberry Blueberry Bundt Cake covered? CK Mondavi’s Pinot Grigio is a medium-bodied wine filled with aromas of wildflowers, peaches and pairs well with chicken, seafood and light cream sauces. In the mood for a wine filled with grapefruit and citrus flavors? CK Mondavi’s Sauvignon Blanc is what you want. Serve this wine with seafood, fruit, mild cheeses, pasta or roasted chicken and you are good to go.
I love knowing that when I buy a bottle of CK Mondavi wine, I am supporting a 70+ year old company that is 100% Made in USA Certified. Meaning, they produce and bottle 100% of their wine in the United States which means their production supports American manufacturing which equals American jobs! This is what I call a slam dunk!
Regardless of who you want to win the Big Dance, making Raspberry Blueberry Bundt Cake and pairing it with CK Mondavi’s Moscato puts you in the winner’s circle.
|Raspberry Blueberry Bundt Cake|| |
- 2 cups (263 grams) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- 11 tablespoons (155 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (415 grams) sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, packed
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (200 grams) sour cream
- 1 teaspon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (159 grams) blueberries
- ½ pint (170 grams) raspberries
- 1½ cups (210 grams) confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons (35 grams) lemon juice
- For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter and flour a 10 cup swirl bundt pan or traditional bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar and lemon zest into a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time. Blend in half of the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and raspberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55 - 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Cover the top of the pan with a cooling rack. Turn upside down and gently remove the pan. Allow the cake to cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze:
- Place the confectioners sugar and lemon juice into a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer the glaze to a quart size freezer bag. Seal the bag and cut off a small piece of one of the bottom corners. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Allow each layer of glaze to dry before applying the next.
This post is sponsored by CK Mondavi Wines. All opinions are my own.