Peanut Butter Krispie Balls
I am a big believer that there is a kid inside every adult just screaming to get out…sometimes!
Rice Krispie treats are but one example of when the kid in me takes over. Samuel, the star in my recent Oreo Milkshake YouTube video, really wanted to make a batch and he wanted to include peanut butter cups, as well. This is how we came up with Peanut Butter Krispie Balls.
I decided that we needed to bring out the peanut butter flavor, so we included some in the treats. The marshmallows, peanut butter and butter are melted together and then the cereal gets, quickly, stirred into the bowl.
Shaping the balls for our Peanut Butter Krispie Balls could not have been easier. We used an ice cream scooper to get the amount we wanted, made an indentation in the circle we formed and placed a peanut butter cup in the middle. Then we wrapped the mixture over the cup and, voila, we had our Peanut Butter Krispie Balls.
I chose to drizzle melted chocolate over some of the Peanut Butter Krispie Balls because there is nothing that goes better with peanut butter than chocolate. You don’t have to include this step but why would anyone not want a bit of chocolate on top?
Samuel had fun eating Peanut Butter Krispie Balls. Actually, we all loved them. Although, I must admit, I loved the time in the kitchen with Samuel the most! Then again, can you blame me?
|Peanut Butter Krispie Balls|| |
- 10 ounce bag miniature marshmallows
- 2½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 21 miniature peanut butter cups
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, optional
- Place the marshmallows, butter and peanut butter into a large bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and microwave for 45 more seconds. Stir until smooth. Add the cereal and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie dough scoop to measure the mixture. Place a scoopful of the mixture into the palm of your hand. Press down slightly and make an indentation in the middle. Place a peanut butter cup in the indentation. Wrap the mixture around the peanut butter cup.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat until all of the Peanut Butter Krispie Balls have been shaped.
- Melt the chocolate and pour into a small freezer bag. Cut a small piece off one of the bottom corners and drizzle the chocolate onto the Peanut Butter Krispie Balls.