Nutter Butter Slutty Blondies
When I went to Samuel’s school on Monday, I was greeted with a delicious peanut butter blondie that my friend, and wonderful baker, Susan Lord had made. I could not stop raving about it and then Susan proceeded to tell me she had never made them before, but that she just had to try them, because of their name.
Intrigued, I asked what they were called. Get this…Nutter Butter Slutty Blondies. Really, that’s their name!
When I first tried the blondie, I thought, “I HAVE to make these and blog about them.” When I heard the name, I thought, “No way can I write about something called ‘slutty’ on my site.”
As you have already figured out, my desire to bake and blog won over my uncertainty with the name. Then again, when I am able to bake a peanut butter blondie that includes Nutter Butter cookies in the recipe, can there really be any other way to go? I think not. When I got home, I searched the Internet for such a named treat and I got busy.
These blondies are moist, packed with flavor and beyond easy to make. Nutter Butter Slutty Blondies are something that a teenager would dream about. Best of all, this recipe was actually adapted from a teenager’s blog, The Teenage Taste. Since my two favorite baking companions are 6 and 17 years old, I know how capable someone young can be. I guess this is the first time I was introduced to something so yummy, created by someone so young and whom I have never met.
With regards to the name, Nutter Butter Slutty Blondies, it took baking one batch to get it. Even though the blondies bake for 30 minutes, the top layer still seems a bit ‘loose.’ Now, I may not have chosen to call them slutty had I been the originator, but at least I understand the warped humor behind the name. That is, assuming I guessed accurately!
|Nutter Butter Slutty Brownies|| || |
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 12½ Nutter Butter Cookies
- Top layer:
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8” x 8” baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Mix together peanut butter, sugar and egg white in a medium size bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Transfer to prepared pan and spread evenly over the bottom.
- Line the Nutter Butter Cookies over the crust, 5 cookies coming in towards the middle and an additional 2½ cookies in between the two columns. Set aside.
- For the top layer:
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl as needed. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients. Spoon over Nutter Butter Cookies and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. The edges will crack and the center will still feel a bit soft to the touch. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- Once cool, lift the foil out of the baking pan and place on a cutting board. Peel the foil off the sides and cut into bars.
- Betsy's tidbit:
- Nutter Butter Slutty Blondies are delicious at room temperature or cold.