Mom’s Wicked Margarita #NationalMargaritaDay
When blogging friend, Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez, from Girlichef posted that she was having a National Margarita Day party, Mom’s Wicked Margarita was created!
‘Created’ is not completely accurate. With a couple of friends to give me feedback, sip after sip, Mom’s Wicked Margarita was shaken to perfection.
Many people have very strong opinions on margaritas. Some insist that they are blended to a slushy consistency while others insist on serving their drinks on the rocks.
Mom’s Wicked Margarita does not fit into either group. I think it is due to my love of martinis that I opted to serve my margaritas shaken, not stirred or blended. You can certainly pour it over rocks, if you choose, but why water down this perfect concoction?
Let’s face it, when one combines tequila, Chambord, Grand Marnier and Rose’s Lime Juice together, something magical happens…and I do not mean after two or three drinks! Not too sweet and not too ‘pucker-up’ tart.
I chose the name, Mom’s Wicked Margarita, because moms everywhere deserve a drink this wickedly delicious.
Mom’s Wicked Margarita is sure to be the hit of everyone’s National Margarita Day. If you were not ready for this auspicious holiday, don’t worry. You can still drink margaritas every other day of the year.
|Mom's Wicked Margarita|| |
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup raspberry liqueur (such as Chambord)
- ¼ cup orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
- ¼ cup Rose’s Lime Juice
- raspberries, optional
- Dip the rims of the glasses in a bowl of water and then a bowl that has enough sugar to coat the edge of the glasses. Set aside to let the sugar set.
- Place ice cubes into a martini shaker. Add the tequila, raspberry liqueur, orange liqueur and lime juice. Cover and shake. Shake some more.
- Pour the drink into the prepared glasses and add a few raspberries to garnish.
Please check out the fabulous margarita ideas that fellow bloggers came up with to celebrate National Margarita Day. Cheers!
- Chili Lime Margarita from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chocolate Margaritas from The Texan New Yorker
- Creamsicle Margaritas from Savvy Eats
- Frozen Mango Margarita from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lilikoi Margarita with Li Hung Mui from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Margaritas Gone Wild from Delaware Girl Eats
- Mixed Berry Margarita from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Mom’s Wicked Margarita from Desserts Required
- Pomegranate Margarita from Daily Dish Recipes
- Spicy Raspberry Frozen Margarita from The Weekend Gourmet
- Tamarind Margaritas from girlichef
- The Great Grapefruit Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Tim G’s Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Baked Margarita Chicken Wings from Healthy. Delicious.
- Chambord Margarita Macarons from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Margarita Cake with Sugar Cookie Crust from Gotta Get Baked
- Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Margarita Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Margarita Donuts from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Margarita Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Margarita Shrimp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos from Supper for a Steal
- Strawberry Margarita Sweet Rolls from The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Top Shelf (Margarita) Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla