Mocha Martini #IsabelsBirthdayBash
Did you know that I always keep a pitcher of Chocolate Martinis in my freezer? When I made my first batch it seemed silly to make only one drink when I could just as easily, make enough for a pitcher for friends who drop by for a visit.
One friend, who I am confident will take me up on my invitation is none other than the founder of Sunday Supper Movement, Isabel Laessig. I first met Isabel when I went to the first Food & Wine Conference two years ago. I did not know a soul and Isabel and the entire Sunday Supper family made me feel right at home.
As you can see in the video above from the Food and Wine Conference 2015, Isabel’s smile lights up a room!
Fast forward I became a part of numerous weekly Sunday Supper twitter chats in addition to the planning meetings for the second and third F&W Conference. Everything happens at 7:00 p.m., which is the perfect time for a Chocolate Martini.
Today is Isabel’s birthday and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with a Mocha Martini, a wonderful twist on my famous (within my Sunday Supper Family) Chocolate Martini. It’s a breeze to make coffee ice cubes and then throw them in the blender with a chocolate martini.
Isabel’s Baked Brie Cheese with Praline Sauce is the perfect appetizer to serve with a Mocha Martini. Be sure to head over to Family Foodie for the recipe!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dear friend Isabel! I treasure our friendship and wish you the very happiest of days filled with both Chocolate and Mocha Martinis!
|Mocha Martini #IsabelsBirthdayBash|| |
- 3 cups iced coffee ice cubes
- ⅔ cup vanilla infused vodka (plain vodka may be substituted)
- ⅔ cup chocolate liqueur
- ⅔ cup white chocolate liqueur
- chocolate syrup to garnish (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in a martni glass. Pour the martini. Enjoy!
Many thanks to Terri at Love and Confections for organizing Isabel’s virtual birthday party! Join me in celebrating Isabel’s Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma’s Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
Birthday Main Courses:
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian