Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips #SundaySupper
When I saw that Sunday Supper was going to be having a ‘Fancy Appetizers’ party today, I just had to sign up with Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips.
I have been known on several occasions to skip the main course of a meal and just eat heavy apps before going straight to my favorite course, dessert. Do you do that, too?
Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips could almost pass for dessert but I think they are gorgeous to serve as a fancy appetizer. I used M&M’s, Snickers and Kit Kats but feel free to use your favorite candies.
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn a few pennies when you purchase products through Desserts Required. Only products I recommend are listed.
Funny story about when I made my first batch. I had plans to take them to a friend’s house for dinner. Her son is very allergic to peanuts. I dipped one tray of potato chips in chocolate and topped them with mini M&M’s and chopped Kit Kat bars. I did not even open the Snickers bag for fear that they would contaminate the non-peanut Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips.
After I put the first tray in the freezer to set, I chopped the Snickers bars and fixed the second tray. Once they were all set, I worked on my pictures, placing the chips on plates. Do you see where I am going?
As I finished my pictures I realized, I had combined both trays to have chips with all of the toppings in the pictures. Not my finest moment since it meant that I couldn’t take the batch to my friend’s house.
Don’t worry, I found another use for them…..in my stomach and they were amazing!
|Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips #SundaySupper|| |
- 5 ounces sturdy potato chips
- 2 cups (325 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Miniature M&M's
- Snickers bars, chopped
- Kit Kat bars, chopped
- Line two baking pans with aluminum foil.
- Dip each potato chip into the chocolate, leaving part if each chip naked.
- Sprinkle the candy pieces onto each chip.
- Place the baking sheets in the freezer until the chocolate sets.
- Store in the freezer.
Many thanks to Wendy from Wholistic Woman for hosting this week’s event. Please be sure to head over to the rest of my Sunday Supper family’s pages to see what fancy appetizer they are each serving.
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.