Holiday Marshmallow Oreo Hats and a Christmas Week Giveaway
We are on day three of Christmas Week and it’s time to have some fun in the kitchen! Holiday Marshmallow Oreo Hats are a blast to make, whether you have kids or not.
Melted chocolate is the glue that keeps the marshmallow ‘hat’ on the Oreo cookie. After they sit in the freezer for 5 minutes they are ready to have a bath of melted chocolate spooned all over the sides of each marshmallow. After that it’s just a matter of decorating.
Since Hanukkah is this week and we are also in Christmas Week, I decorated Holiday Marshmallow Oreo Hats for both holidays. Regular Oreos with blue sprinkles and white nonpareils were perfect for Hanukkah and crushed peppermint candies were terrific for Christmas. The green filling of Mint Oreos was a great touch.
Let’s celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas Week with Holiday Marshmallow Oreo Hats.
Christmas Week is an annual event. It started in 2012 and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
|Holiday Marshmallow Oreo Hats #ChristmasWeek|| |
- Chocolate chips, melted
- Oreo cookies
- Mint Oreo cookies
- Marshmallows, regular size
- Blue sprinkles
- White nonpareils
- Peppermint crunch candies or candy canes that have been broken into small pieces
- Dip the bottom of a marshmallow into the chocolate. Scrape off excess chocolate. Place the marshmallow on an Oreo or Mint Oreo cookie. Repeat until you have the desired quantity.
- Place the cookies into the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove from the freezer.
- Hold the cookie so that the marshmallow is at a 90 degree angle. Spoon melted chocolate over most of the marshmallow, turning the cookie so the marshmallow will have chocolate all the way around.
- Pour sprinkles or candy crunch over the melted chocolate. Top the blue sprinkles with nonpareils.
- Once the chocolate sets, sprinkle with additional blue sprinkles so that the blue is easily seen.
Recipes from Day 3 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
Nutella Ganache from Cravings of a Lunatic
Dark Chocolate Turtle Cups from Try Anything Once Culinary
Holiday Marshmallow Oreo Santa’s Hats from Desserts Required
Cranberry Gin Fizz from Poet in the Pantry
Peppermint Mocha Fudge from The Redhead Baker
Petit Pains au Chocolat aux Amandes (Petite Chocolate Almond Croissants) from Pineapple and Coconut
Salted Cashew Caramels from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Hazelnut Crescents from Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon Butter Toffee from Comfortably Domestic
Grandma’s Scottish Shortbread from Farm Fresh Feasts
OREO Snowball Cookies from Flour On My Face
Holiday Triple Chocolate Bark from Mother Would Know
Classic Chocolate Crinkles from Daily Appetite
Orange Cardamom Slice and Bake Cookies from Savory Experiments
Homemade Maple Candy from Cooking In Stilettos
Cranberry Cherry Spice Cake Trifle from Food Babbles
Chocolate Walnut Cranberry Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
No Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake from Big Bear’s Wife
Cream Puffs With Cranberry Orange Sauce from Everyday Southwest
Mini No Bake Eggnog Cheesecake from From Gate to Plate
Chewy Sugar Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Pignolata-Italian Honey Balls from Savoring Italy
Caramel Chocolate Cups with Peppermint Chips from Dixie Chik Cooks
Maple Gingerbread Marshmallows from The Tomato Tart
Christmas Week Amazon Gift Card Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015. Winners must be 18 years of age. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be asked a skill testing question.